Where did you sit/stand at Maine road

Ant

So was reminiscing with a fellow blue here in NZ last night at the Cossie club... We talked about the dark old days.... I used to stand in the Gene Kelly corner right at the top most , with the guys from the Old Cock (rip) in Stretford ..he was a north stander, posh git ....... was some odd times .. from bananas to inflatable crocodiles. Used to hang with Ken Hand... anyone know of his whereabouts? ... but question is where did you stand / cry .. I'll always remember the 3-3 against Bournmouth ... still keep in touch with the posties we met who came up in the van from there ... wasn't hard to be a blue in those days, we expected nothing got it in loads regularly but just enjoyed the shit sammy we got ....!

Used to sit on the tunnel wall near Platt lane or stand at the very back near the stairs. Had a season ticket in the north stand behind Helen one year.

Reactions: Ant
4 open scoreboard kicking legs over a tunnel
9 Platt lane
13 New North stand
17 righthand side Kippax
30 new Kippax left side
35 main stand left side

We were there a long time !

Started off in Platt Lane with mam n dad,Christ there used to be some trouble in there some games,then went in Kippax and then seat in Kippax (upstairs) after that

Started off as a kid sat on the purple benches in the platt lane right behind the net. Then went in the north stand when it was given to away fans and ended up in the Kippax. Just on a side note does anybody remember using their UB40 in the platt lane to get reduced admission price? Not sure how long this was for but I remember my brother moaning when he used to forget it and having to pay full whack or have I dreamt this!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.