Where did you sit/stand at Maine road

Not sure if it was every game and what season or of it was multiple but there was always this women making an announcement on the tannoy. Sure it was always the same thing does anyone remember what she use to say or have I made this up

When I was a kid We used to stand first half kippax corner near platt lane 2nd half the other corner , also in the scoreboard thought that was great .had season tickets in all but platt lane over the years .

Kippax just off the halfway line about a quarter of the way from the front.

Your whole life could be summed up by where you watched City. Start off in the family stand with your dad. Move to the North stand when too old for the family stand. Kippax when a teenager. Start a family then back to the family stand. Back to the Kippax and when you couldn't face standing for a couple of hours into the Main stand with all the old gits with their flasks.

Only ever remembered standing on the Kippax. Halfway up about 20 yds from the away fans ( just far enough from the bottles from the scousers ). The exception being after we'd won the League cup when I was down the front ready for the invasion. Managed to get a piece of turf and planted in my dads lawn. He let me off......Had a season ticket for £14.00 or IIRC it was 40p on the day. Happy days.

Last edited:
Only ever remembered standing on the Kippax. Halfway up about 20 yds from the away fans ( just far enough from the bottles from the scousers ). The exception being after we'd won the League cup when I was down the front ready for the invasion. Managed to get a piece of turf and planted in my dads lawn. He let me off......Had a season ticket for £14.00 or IIRC it was 40p on the day. Happy days.
Even in Swales dodgy dealings days it wasn't cheaper to pay on the day than have a season ticket.

Christ! £14! You must be loaded. I used to do the Kippax with my Uncle (who was a rag) for 25p under 14's. Eventually as I got older my first Season ticket was £7 junior blue concession in Platt Lane. The season we bought Channon I'd moved to the North Stand at £12 for my ST. I was only 12, used to go on my own by getting the bus from Crumpsall to city centre then another bus to the ground. In latter years I'd cycle and stick me bike in the Kippax back yards. When I think about it now at that age I dont even let my kids out of my sight. When I started work I had to give up the season ticket due to working weekends, but would go when I could. Last season ticket started in Main Stand during the 90's. Found a friendly barman who would give me my money back as change when I got a pint. That was ok for a few years then suddenly he disappeared, wonder why?! Mind you the beer was shite and wasnt worth the money anyway.

Christ! £14! You must be loaded. I used to do the Kippax with my Uncle (who was a rag) for 25p under 14's. Eventually as I got older my first Season ticket was £7 junior blue concession in Platt Lane. The season we bought Channon I'd moved to the North Stand at £12 for my ST. I was only 12, used to go on my own by getting the bus from Crumpsall to city centre then another bus to the ground. In latter years I'd cycle and stick me bike in the Kippax back yards. When I think about it now at that age I dont even let my kids out of my sight. When I started work I had to give up the season ticket due to working weekends, but would go when I could. Last season ticket started in Main Stand during the 90's. Found a friendly barman who would give me my money back as change when I got a pint. That was ok for a few years then suddenly he disappeared, wonder why?! Mind you the beer was shite and wasnt worth the money anyway.
Pretty sure my first season as adult season ticket holder 1977 it was £11 on the Kippax and 70p to pay in on the day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.