Where do we go from here? Part 2

squirtyflower said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Yep. It's all about money now. You need to spend hundreds of pounds on a computer, then you've got your software....

Talking City has become exclusively for the middle classes.

In the 80s it's was 50p for your fanzine. You could read it anywhere. You could have a pint whilst reading it, and share it with your mates.

You have to sit down to talk on a forum. You can't even stand. That says it all.
worse still i've heard that starting from next season 'normal' posters will only be able to post on match days when we are playing anyone outside of the top 6
if its a top 6 game then only the 'executive' posters will be allowed a look in whilst we'll be able to read the threads but not post as the log in will be disabled
there was a suggestion that there may be a ballot for posters with over 10000 posts, but only three posts per match thread will be allowed to allow the executives more space

will there be prawn sandwiches to go with these executive boxes?

and if so, how do i apply?

aphex said:
squirtyflower said:
worse still i've heard that starting from next season 'normal' posters will only be able to post on match days when we are playing anyone outside of the top 6
if its a top 6 game then only the 'executive' posters will be allowed a look in whilst we'll be able to read the threads but not post as the log in will be disabled
there was a suggestion that there may be a ballot for posters with over 10000 posts, but only three posts per match thread will be allowed to allow the executives more space

dunno, i've had to give up shellfish

squirtyflower said:
aphex said:

dunno, i've had to give up shellfish

That reminds me of the story about my mate who used to have sex with his pet lobster and refused to let anyone else have a go...

He was a right shellfish fucker!

Didsbury Dave said:
WNRH said:
Any news Prestwich_Blue and Didsbury Dave that Ric is to be replaced by Juan on the vamosmadridforum.com who used to run the interultras.net site?

I believe he's been making noises. Great track record. i'd have him in a heartbeat, even though he has forum-hopped a bit for the last few years.

There is no denying he will come in and be a huge success, fix the SQL errors, sort the mass invasions of abusive away fans and keep the immature posters in line but he will then fuck off to the next forum as the saviour to sort them all out. We need stability and given time Ric will lead us to glory that will have lasting success for future moderators, we just need some paitence, we have waited 34 years, why can't we wait a few months or a year longer? google wasn't built in a day remember!

WNRH said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I believe he's been making noises. Great track record. i'd have him in a heartbeat, even though he has forum-hopped a bit for the last few years.

There is no denying he will come in and be a huge success, fix the SQL errors, sort the mass invasions of abusive away fans and keep the immature posters in line but he will then fuck off to the next forum as the saviour to sort them all out. We need stability and given time Ric will lead us to glory that will have lasting success for future moderators, we just need some paitence, we have waited 34 years, why can't we wait a few months or a year longer? google wasn't built in a day remember!

Rag!

I read and understood the opening post, yet i get the distinct impression people have completely missed the point (or angle). :D

Many Clarkies ahoy.

at times there is a dearth on quality...........you just pray that there is a gem on here from the likes of -

Noel

Tom

Welshy

Doug

Rammy, DD, Tolmie, NMT etc

kismet said:
at times there is a dearth on quality...........you just pray that there is a gem on here from the likes of -

Noel

Tom

Welshy

Doug

Rammy, DD, Tolmie, NMT etc

I tried to leave just before Christmas but was persuaded to stay with the promise that things would improve.

If Ric isn't replaced I'm off to another forum in the summer. I've had offers from Bluevibe and MCFCForum already.

I'm sick of everyone relying on me

Didsbury Dave said:
WNRH said:
Any news Prestwich_Blue and Didsbury Dave that Ric is to be replaced by Juan on the vamosmadridforum.com who used to run the interultras.net site?

It's this anti Ric attitude that gets peoples backs up. Ric needs time for the Forum members to gel. Bringing in a new team including admin and mods just starts the whole cycle again and 18 months from now we'll be in the same boat.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.