Where do we go from here?

Yes, stop asking difficult questions. Makes you look raggish. As you can see. Precisely the same questions I've been asking myself. But you must realise that questioning the intent of our "not to be questioned" owners is a no-no on here. Shame on you.

I hope that Mancini stays and makes about 4 low key signings of quality youngsters, then we continue to put the foundations in place for long term success. I also hope the Robinho question is put to bed one way or another, because i'm fed up of hearing about him.

Maybe I'm just looking for a silver lining, but perhaps failing to get in the CL will be better for us in the long term. Instead of trying to make another quantum leap to the be one of the top few teams in Europe, we can build more steadily. We've shown ourselves to be right up there with the best teams in the Prem and we'll be in the Europa League next season, so we should be able to attract players a cut above some of our current squad, and replace the weak links. It might be good that we'll be less tempted to buy one or two galacticos at the expense of sorting out the fundamentals.

I think we should go for the gold next season without Champions League.

Premier League Champions

To do so.
1. Keep Mancini. I know he knows this team in and out. He knows what we need to add and cut loose concerning players.
2. Add some of that young talent we've been linked with. Di Maria, Boateng, etc. That is exactly what we need.
3. One of those box to box midfielders that Italy seems to have been hoarding.

Freestyler said:
we keep mancini
we bring in 5-7 players
we go for the top 4 again

simple.

the good times are just around the corner.

Sounds good to me, we need at least that number for us to make a serious challenge but we need to be patient over the next 3-4 years it wont happen over night.

Tevez won't leave, neither will Mancini. The only exits will be our dead wood.

But we should bear in mind that we will be playing up to 19 extra games next season.

We can pursue a more sensible type of transfer instead of the galacticos

Ozil (please please please!) should be the first target.

terryphelan said:
Will the owners let Mancini loose to cull the squad of Hughes signings and build another team with a massive transfer budget?

Will he keep the team pretty much as is, and just make a couple of astute signings where we are lacking eg attacking midfielder?

Will we treat the Europa as a reserves cup and go all out for the league title?

Can we still attract Torres without Champs League football?

Will Mancini be sacked/walk?

If so, can we outbid Madrid for Mourinho?

Will Tevez leave us because of no CL football next season?

Will we go for superstars again eg Kaka?

I think that many of the options without the fourth place are still open. Torres played little CL football to speak off before they got into Europa League.

I think we do not need to build another team. There are some obvious requirements, such as attacking midfielder who can score from midfield, but we do not need to kick out and start again by a long way.

I expect that Mancini will stay, as he expects to stay. We have had a damn good season, the best since 68 without a shadow of doubt. We don't chuck out the baby, just get rid of the water and turn the tap on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.