Where Does This Treble Put Us?

I've thought about this. I think individually, that Barca will never be beaten. They have arguably the best player of all time. Arguably 4 players who are top 3-5 in their positions in football history (Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Alves), and another 4-5 players who were in the top 3 for their positions at the time (Pique, Puyol, Etoo, Henry, Villa, Fabregas). BUT we have a better Pep than what they had, and our team I think is incredibly solid and resilient these last 3 seasons. I think just for this Pep, it would be closer than the individual quality difference between the teams.
At the moment perhaps, but who is to say what Haaland night achieve? If he can continue to progress - and we know that he's far from the finished article - it's actually quite scary what he could achieve. We know from his career to date he's not a one-season wonder.

And Utd weren’t champions of England when they did the treble ! Plus we did it on our 3rd in a row title !

Last five years spend and net.

View attachment 82891

View attachment 82892

Facts!

Yet not one reporter (Bar the odd exception) will report that.
Exactly, the table I read was 6 years, it was a few weeks ago actually so I can't remember where I saw it now, but yes, this is the one thing other people don't seem to realise when they say we've just bought our way to the top.

Won't it depend on whether or not City choose to defend our FA Cup success? Didn't United choose to not bother after they'd won it? Just saying...

Look at who we've had to fend off. Arsenal, Utd, Bayern, Real, Inter, no other team in history has had that level of competition in leagues, rounds, finals. As Tina put it. Simply the best, better than all the rest.
That's a very good point actually, we've rarely had it easy in terms of the opposition we've drawn along the way.

At the moment perhaps, but who is to say what Haaland night achieve? If he can continue to progress - and we know that he's far from the finished article - it's actually quite scary what he could achieve. We know from his career to date he's not a one-season wonder.

Plus Foden and Alvarez.

Let’s hope puma and the Etihad deal has a bonus in them if we win the champs league like an extra 50m
Well worldwide shirt sales will definitely bring in a shedload extra. Not sure if City get a fixed fee but it would give us good reason to renegotiate the deals.

Need the club to do a plain crested t shirt,

Treble winners ☑️
Domestic Treble winners ☑
100 points in season ☑️
100 goals in a season x3 ☑️

You could add numerous other records we’ve set.

Looks like a few if us have been waiting for the official validation of what we already knew.
I think the real point is that the detractors can no longer continue with their mantra that we'll never be one of the great teams because we've never won the CL. This puts that one to bed permanently.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.