Where was Noel Gallagher last night?

Well I knew him getting on for 25 years ago, long, long before he was famous, or even just a roadie for the Inspiral Carpets.
And he NEVER went. EVER. Would rather sit in the boozer in his Celtic shirt on a Saturday while the proper City fans went to the game.
So this 'Noel the superblue' bollocks makes me laugh

Roger Ringpiece said:
Again, media speculation with nothing from the club to back it up. SSN were reporting Liam was turning up to sing a couple of songs as well, again their words not the clubs.
alib said:
Roger Ringpiece said:
It was only the MEN that speculated he would be there, no one ever had any hard facts that he was ever going to turn up but nonetheless someone got carried away on here the other day having a wankfest that he was performing last night and started a thread about it getting his jollies. Last night was about City, not Noel Gallagher, not some bloke from Chorlton who looks like a tramp and sings songs to clinically depress you or anything else for that matter.

well they were saying on Granada Reports live from Albert Square at about 6.15pm that Noel would be appearing!!!!

AND according to the stewards brief he was due on stage to read a story!.....

and no explanation afterwards as to why.

he's not literally in rehab, he's been in Los Angeles the past few months "secretly" recording his solo record.

I think there's a bit of witch hunt type thing going on here led by people with ulterior motives (ie just don't like the fact a normal everyday guy got rich on his talents and now large's it up a lot - as we all would in his shoes).
From a personal perspective, I'm not a die hard oasis fan or anything like that (though I do like some of their tunes) but I feel obliged to put a bit of support his way in the context of this thread because the one-way brave boy abuse being promoted here smacks of the 'I'm a bigger blue than you' nonsense that a select few throw around to big themselves up.
I don't honestly care if he's been a die hard blue for every second of his life or not (not that he's ever claimed it). I appreciate all City fans whether or not they're relatively new to the fold or whether or not they watch us on the telly when they can or catch it on the radio or do the odd game, all home games, all home and some away or every game played.
Fact is that if someone's emotional attachment leans towards the team I love then they share, at least to some degree, an interest that's extremely dear to me and with that common bond they're a friend of mine.
I was there last night and, while I didn't see him about, it didn't diminish the occasion for me and I think it's a bit weird that some posters here are so engrossed in his life that a thread is opened on the subject and the odd one or two join in the verbal kicking from the safety of their PC's.
Not particularly brave, not in the least clever and overall damaging to our reputation as a club that has fans who have an inclusive attitude and who welcome all comers to the fold (without some mean spirited and unreasonable expectation that their whole world should revolve around the common passion).

A few chill pills required I think.

hisroyalblueness said:
I think there's a bit of witch hunt type thing going on here led by people with ulterior motives (ie just don't like the fact a normal everyday guy got rich on his talents and now large's it up a lot - as we all would in his shoes).
From a personal perspective, I'm not a die hard oasis fan or anything like that (though I do like some of their tunes) but I feel obliged to put a bit of support his way in the context of this thread because the one-way brave boy abuse being promoted here smacks of the 'I'm a bigger blue than you' nonsense that a select few throw around to big themselves up.
I don't honestly care if he's been a die hard blue for every second of his life or not (not that he's ever claimed it). I appreciate all City fans whether or not they're relatively new to the fold or whether or not they watch us on the telly when they can or catch it on the radio or do the odd game, all home games, all home and some away or every game played.
Fact is that if someone's emotional attachment leans towards the team I love then they share, at least to some degree, an interest that's extremely dear to me and with that common bond they're a friend of mine.
I was there last night and, while I didn't see him about, it didn't diminish the occasion for me and I think it's a bit weird that some posters here are so engrossed in his life that a thread is opened on the subject and the odd one or two join in the verbal kicking from the safety of their PC's.
Not particularly brave, not in the least clever and overall damaging to our reputation as a club that has fans who have an inclusive attitude and who welcome all comers to the fold (without some mean spirited and unreasonable expectation that their whole world should revolve around the common passion).

Well said scully!

as the OP I was asking a genuine question not trying to form a withchunt against Noel and was trying to be a little humerous!!

I was disappointed there was no appearance by him as I was under the impression (as it appears were the MCFC stewards) that he was going to be on the pitch - even if he didn't sing he could have said a few words as he is always good value and very funny?

for the record I love(d) Oasis and both Liam and Noel and when I saw Noel Gallagher do a solo set at The Perth Opera House in December 2006 it was one of the best concerts I've been to!!!

I also met Liam and Noel at Blackburn away in the mid-90's and have a programme the game signed by them both

hisroyalblueness said:

Exactly! I don't know why people are getting so bothered about it. And I think they have made some quality songs.....so I always like it if a rag proclaims Oasis as their favourite band......remind them who they support!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.