Where was Noel Gallagher last night?

hisroyalblueness said:
I think there's a bit of witch hunt type thing going on here led by people with ulterior motives (ie just don't like the fact a normal everyday guy got rich on his talents and now large's it up a lot - as we all would in his shoes).
From a personal perspective, I'm not a die hard oasis fan or anything like that (though I do like some of their tunes) but I feel obliged to put a bit of support his way in the context of this thread because the one-way brave boy abuse being promoted here smacks of the 'I'm a bigger blue than you' nonsense that a select few throw around to big themselves up.
I don't honestly care if he's been a die hard blue for every second of his life or not (not that he's ever claimed it). I appreciate all City fans whether or not they're relatively new to the fold or whether or not they watch us on the telly when they can or catch it on the radio or do the odd game, all home games, all home and some away or every game played.
Fact is that if someone's emotional attachment leans towards the team I love then they share, at least to some degree, an interest that's extremely dear to me and with that common bond they're a friend of mine.
I was there last night and, while I didn't see him about, it didn't diminish the occasion for me and I think it's a bit weird that some posters here are so engrossed in his life that a thread is opened on the subject and the odd one or two join in the verbal kicking from the safety of their PC's.
Not particularly brave, not in the least clever and overall damaging to our reputation as a club that has fans who have an inclusive attitude and who welcome all comers to the fold (without some mean spirited and unreasonable expectation that their whole world should revolve around the common passion).

A few chill pills required I think.

Good post mate. It's embarrassing all this "xxxx wasn't at Lincoln therefore has no right to call himself a blue" shit. Comes up every time a famous blue is mentioned.

Noone with any sense can deny that Noel Gallgher is a passionate blue.

glen quagmire said:
hisroyalblueness said:
I think there's a bit of witch hunt type thing going on here led by people with ulterior motives (ie just don't like the fact a normal everyday guy got rich on his talents and now large's it up a lot - as we all would in his shoes).
From a personal perspective, I'm not a die hard oasis fan or anything like that (though I do like some of their tunes) but I feel obliged to put a bit of support his way in the context of this thread because the one-way brave boy abuse being promoted here smacks of the 'I'm a bigger blue than you' nonsense that a select few throw around to big themselves up.
I don't honestly care if he's been a die hard blue for every second of his life or not (not that he's ever claimed it). I appreciate all City fans whether or not they're relatively new to the fold or whether or not they watch us on the telly when they can or catch it on the radio or do the odd game, all home games, all home and some away or every game played.
Fact is that if someone's emotional attachment leans towards the team I love then they share, at least to some degree, an interest that's extremely dear to me and with that common bond they're a friend of mine.
I was there last night and, while I didn't see him about, it didn't diminish the occasion for me and I think it's a bit weird that some posters here are so engrossed in his life that a thread is opened on the subject and the odd one or two join in the verbal kicking from the safety of their PC's.
Not particularly brave, not in the least clever and overall damaging to our reputation as a club that has fans who have an inclusive attitude and who welcome all comers to the fold (without some mean spirited and unreasonable expectation that their whole world should revolve around the common passion).

Well said scully!

Glen, I appreciate a lot of the common sense you post on this forum. I really like a lot of what you say and don't doubt your wisdom in all departments but you're wrong on this one mate 'cos I'm not scully or indeed anyone connected with the guy. I'm just a City fan who doesn't take well to those who lord it up on a tired old small minded diet of 'I'm a proper Blue and you ain't because'.
City fans are regularly trashed on here by fellow blues who feel superior because they have nothing but City in their lives. It's adverse to all that we're known for and, while it's promoted by only a small minority, it eats away at the respect that our reputation deserves.
Like I said, chill pills all round . . just relax y'all and feel the love.

Didsbury Dave said:
hisroyalblueness said:

Good post mate. It's embarrassing all this "xxxx wasn't at Lincoln therefore has no right to call himself a blue" shit. Comes up every time a famous blue is mentioned.

Dave who is this noone? I've seen you post his name many a time lately, but after googling him and everyfink i get nuffin. Is it a noondy ploom?

glen quagmire said:
Didsbury Dave said:
hisroyalblueness said:

Dave who is this noone? I've seen you post his name many a time lately, but after googling him and everyfink i get nuffin. Is it a noondy ploom?

He was in Hermans Hermits...do you not know the M/cr music scene? :)

1_barry_conlon said:
glen quagmire said:
Didsbury Dave said:

He was in Hermans Hermits...do you not know the M/cr music scene? :)

Thenks for the reply, i'm sure something was telling me that i'm into something good!

BTW, i think dave has foe'd me, he wont be happy at you quoting me.

Since he's the brother with the talent i'd say he's off doing something with it.

I think people were only expecting Noel Gallagher there because the MEN went with a headline suggesting he would be performing. The actual article said ''he's believed to be in discussions'' or something along the lines, so it wasn't like it was confirmed and he dropped out at the last minute.

Noel and Liam have name checked City at every opportunity since they got in to the media spotlight, including when we were really, really shit. At that time they gave being a blue a bit of credibility when we weren't getting any for on the field reasons. They didn't have to persist with bigging up City, but they did because they're City fans and that's what fans do.

Their was no way he was going to do it, and if it wasnt for the kids getting a new set of crayons at the MEN no one would have expected it.

He isnt even in the country, its been reported in loads of publications that he is in LA doing finishing his new album.

cant see why he is out of order for not doing it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.