Where was the CL star above our crest yesterday?

I don't have an issue with us celebrating our success. Why not have a star on the shirt? I'd do it for the treble though.

I don't have an issue with us celebrating our success. Why not have a star on the shirt? I'd do it for the treble though.
If we ever win the Quadruple, then maybe. Other than that, I wouldn’t bother.

If we ever win the Quadruple, then maybe. Other than that, I wouldn’t bother.
Same. When Liverpool, the rags and Chelsea don't bother, it'd be taking the piss if we did, in my opinion. Plus, we'd be leaving ourselves wide open to scorn. "You've won one CL, and you've got a star on your shirt? We've won 6/3/2, and we don't bother. Lickle ol' Citeh"

Same. When Liverpool, the rags and Chelsea don't bother, it'd be taking the piss if we did, in my opinion. Plus, we'd be leaving ourselves wide open to scorn. "You've won one CL, and you've got a star on your shirt? We've won 6/3/2, and we don't bother. Lickle ol' Citeh"
The reason Villa and Forest have stars is because they know they are never gonna win another. We might have 5 by the end of the decade. Madrid would already have to find space for 14.

Stars (if at all) should be for league titles only, 10 = 1, 20 = 2 like in Italy IMO.

One of the reasons stars are daft is shown with Boca Juniors.

IMG_4087.jpeg

Boca Juniors put a star on for every title they win. They currently have 70 stars on their badge and are realising that there’s no more room.

They either have to increase the size of their base or rethink it. If they make it bigger, in a hundred years their badge could be twice the size it is now and will look stupid taking up too much of the shirt.

They’re thinking of getting rid of all the stars completely.

One of the reasons stars are daft is shown with Boca Juniors.

View attachment 90291

Boca Juniors put a star on for every title they win. They currently have 70 stars on their badge and are realising that there’s no more room.

They either have to increase the size of their base or rethink it. If they make it bigger, in a hundred years their badge could be twice the size it is now and will look stupid taking up too much of the shirt.

They’re thinking of getting rid of all the stars completely.
The yanks think they've won 50 soccer ball world cups.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.