Where was the CL star above our crest yesterday?

We should break with tradition. Instead of a star just put ‘boo’ and the digit/ finger symbol above crest. That said, EPL perhaps more the enemy than UEFA these days.

We should break with tradition. Instead of a star just put ‘boo’ and the digit/ finger symbol above crest. That said, EPL perhaps more the enemy than UEFA these days.
The premier league has always been the enemy, it was premier leagues representatives in UEFA that went after us, and still do.

In Italy and Germany, the stars are for an accumulation of league titles.

In Italy (and Holland, Sweden…) - you get a star for ever 10 league titles you win
In Germany - it’s a sliding scale of 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 stars for 3, 5, 10, 20 and 30 titles

I don’t like either idea and prefer that we don’t do any of that in England. Especially when you think that in about 150 years’ time some clubs could have dozens of stars all over their kit because they’ve won so many league titles. It’s just better the way we don’t have them.

Although, I do like how the league champions in Italy wear the Italian crest and the cup champions wear the air force rings. Not that I’d want to copy that or owt, that’s their thing.
I don't think anything resembling today's setup will be around in 150 years time so no need to worry about stars on shirts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.