Where was you on the day of the takeover?

I was woke up by my older brother with a slap, he usually plays tricks on me. I was half-asleep and he was screaming "CITY have been taken over ... we are now the richest club in the world!", I replied "Get out of here, go on ..." Only to reflect whilst trying to get back to sleep that he was being deadly serious. I nearly left my arse in bed due to running the fastest in my life for the remote to bang SkySportsNews on. One of the most joyous days of my life. VIVA Man City!

Playing the working from home game - had SSN on all day watching the whole thing unfold

Who can forget the confusion over WHICH Manchester club Berbatov was supposedly seeing down at Carrington .... and of course then there was Robbie right at the death

i'd just finished a night shift and was lay in bed about to have a well earned kip when i flicked ssnews on to see if there was any news on any impending transfers that may be coming our way.....was met with the news that the fuckin club was getting transferred!!!! some fella was on from arabianbusinessnews.com or sumat talking about our new owners unbelievable wealth and how he was worth so many billions and billions more than abramovich.....much giddyness throughout the day followed as i failed to sleep and sat up all day watching the bids for this player and that player rolling across the bottom of the screen, i then went to work that night absolutely bollocksed at 10pm and got a text off r kid about 11.30pm saying we were in talks to sign robinho!!! all tiredness again went out of the window as i listened intently to the radio at work as the news finally came through that we'd pulled off the british record transfer! an amazing day and night i'll never forget. how long did it seem though for that transfer window to open again.....it was agony waiting to see who was next to sign up, much as it is every window now!!! what a time to be blue.

Kajaki in the north of Helmand training the ANA on night patrolling,

About 8pm Local time someone said something over the net, by half 8 we had given them the night off as I wasn't fit to teach the 2 time table never mind anything serious.

4 off us jumped in a lanny, 3 blues and 1 scouser who really didn't want to be there but had no choice, we got a bit more info of the net, but it wasn't enough.

Cue cunning plan the reme guy did his magic under the bonnet and we had clouds of black smoke coming out the exhaust as we headed to the nearest american checkpoint knowing full well we had jack shit in the way of internet/ TV radio at our patrol base.

The plan worked a treat and we were soon guest's at the checkpoint with a brew CNN, SKY news internet the works while mike the scouser was outside freezing his nuts off pretending to fix the land rover while having the piss taken out of by the duty guards as too how old and crap it was.

on the beach at camber sands. it was me and the red wife's birthday and we'd taken our 6 month old daughter out for the day. we went into a cafe and at the far end of the cafe i saw a tv with the city badge and some arab guy, so i wandered over to take a peek... i rushed through the rest of the day so i could get in front of a telly at home.

part of the best bit was hearing that we'd had a bid accepted for berbatov, lucky escape there eh

Bloody Hell just read this thread from start to finish and realised how many people were NOT working that day. You Lazy Sods ;o)

I was starting a new job that day and knew bugger all til I got home that night. I was glued to the TV till just gone 1 in the morning. To be fair it never sunk in at the time what this was going to mean. Happy Days.

If Calsberg did football owners.......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.