Where was you on the day of the takeover?

Uninspiringly, I had full book of appointments in the Preston area. But I was texting my Bro who was holidaying on a walking holiday between Spain and Portugal. I got tired of texting as he thought I was taking the piss. I phoned him as he was crossing the Iberian border and finally convinced him. He told his mates (Rochdale and Oldham fans) that we were the richest club in the world. They sought medication.

I was working in Wilmslow with a rag and it was his bitter rag mate that give him the good news, he told me taking the piss that some Arab guy had bought City and that we were changing hands again.
by the end of the day his battery had gone flat on his phone so he had no info regarding the rags deal for Berbaflop only Talksport telling us every 5 mins that we were bidding for him and spuds had excepted our offer I was sure his head was going to explode before we got home.

I even stopped at a blue mates on the way home as I was driving, to have a brew and fill him with more good well balanced talk of City.

Twas a very good day to be blue, and one to be proud of when telling your 8 year old boy that he won't have to put up with the shit I had to for much longer!

mcfc_die_hard said:
Well its simple. Where was you on that massive day for everybody involved with Manchester City?

I was at home with my 2 brothers and the night before i told my little brother to wake me up if they say anything about City so if they didnt then i would get a lie in and then BANG! he wakes me and i just sit there in my front room for the full day and night. I only left the room for a piss and a pot noodle.

Bracknell

Found out about the sale was gutted did not look good - was in a meeting all day - left turned on talk shite and it was announced our owners were minted.

What a day

Everyones stories about where they were sound really adventurous. Me , i was in bed on my laptop after a night out , went to sleep and woke up. Did what i do everyday have a quick glance at the latest football updates including the OS. And i just screamed " OOMMFFGG get innnn." My old man said what you cheering about. To which i responded " Just us become the richest team in the world and putting a bid in for Berbatov" He said shut up are you.
AMAZING DAY.

bluebazza said:
havent stopped smiling since...........................

Even after missing out on 4th?! Just kidding, who'd have thought it! It's still mad for us all to be talking about the top 4, trophies massive money signings. I remember being a kid and getting excited when we signed Kernaghan, how times change!

Woke up, turned SSN on to see we had been taken over and had made bids for Berbatov, Gomez and stayed glued until around 1am then turned on Football Manager for an all nighter (updated with Robbie and the Money)

At a golf society day and finished early evening. No idea what had been happening. My mates came rushing out to the 18th green saying you've got to come and watch sky sports news. 10 minutes later the ticker was reporting bids on Robinho.

Great day

I was doing back flips in my living room I have moved to Preston with my GF couldn't belive what was happening! she was going mad because I wouldn't turn off sky sports news!

The next day we were meant to be signing berbaflop........... (phew) close call!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.