Where was your first drink?

Well I have pictures of my enjoying a home made bitter shandy @ Xmas / New Year made by my Dad - would have been about 10 so early 70's - if we are talking in a pub about the same time same sort of thing in the Brunswick on Townley St Middleton where my Dad and his mates would be playing cards until it was time to set off for Maine Road ( always had a bag of crisps chaser ! ) and on my own in The Old Boars Head on Long Street aged about 16 or 17 - stopped off from the Methodist Youth Club next door on the way home and chanced a pint of bitter - Websters I think?

Any holes a goal, Chab.

True.

Never done a round of golf but a few years back, out of sheer boredom, I got a bucket of 100 balls at my local driving range.

I hit the 3rd ball dead straight 250 + yards.

I then spent the next 97 balls failing miserably to replicate it.

Drove me to drink.

Well I have pictures of my enjoying a home made bitter shandy @ Xmas / New Year made by my Dad - would have been about 10 so early 70's - if we are talking in a pub about the same time same sort of thing in the Brunswick on Townley St Middleton where my Dad and his mates would be playing cards until it was time to set off for Maine Road ( always had a bag of crisps chaser ! ) and on my own in The Old Boars Head on Long Street aged about 16 or 17 - stopped off from the Methodist Youth Club next door on the way home and chanced a pint of bitter - Websters I think?

The Brunswick is closed now, just been sold. If it to be a pub still who knows.

Had a great window with the old round city badge painted on it inside the place. Would not mind that if it is to go.

Warrington Walking Day June 1985 (a few weeks before my 16th Birthday) The Brittania in the town centre
Pint of Greenalls Bitter. 75p. It was fucking awful (the pub and the beer quality). A couple in there, and onto the Postern Gate. Knocked back at the door by the bouncers for being underage, so back to the Brit, for more of the same.

Pint of mild at the lord lion on Victory street, was 15, in 91 I think .My grandad drank there most of my life but passed away the year before so the staff knew who I was did not care about my age.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.