Where was your first drink?

Granby in town followed by the ritz. Before that it was only house parties and a trip to Victoria wine. Was 14. 17 years later and I get asked for id but back then always got served.

My Great Uncle Norman's pub, the Salutation in Nettleton, Lincolnshire. I was given a suitably small glass of bitter - given I was about eighteen months old.
After that IIRC, the old Grapes in Manchester when I was about 15. (Apart from the odd glass of sherry/port at Christmas, weddings etc. No one seemed to mind kids having the occasional drink back in the day.)

A can of Carlsberg Export I took from the garage aged 11. I met with one of my friends and we had them in a park-y place near a golf course. I only had about 2 sips before I chucked it away, I thought it was minging!

White Lion in Withington, be about 14 I guess, always favoured the 'classy' establishments!

White swan (dirty duck) Swinton used to go at dinner time from school (ambrose)Sam bone was landlord he let us have a pint and a pie and tell us to go in the back room top man !! Lol

I remember having a sly drink of the old fella's beer when I was a kid on the wall of 'The Cornishman', but first real drink was 'The Red Beret', WHP, pint of mild about 15, fuckin hated it.

From a bar on the overnight ferry from Harwich to Hamburg when I was 14. There seemed to be no age limit as far as I could tell, once we were far enough off-shore!

In terms of pubs, it was at the Shady Oak in Hazel Grove when I was 16.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.