Where will we be in 10 years?

King Of The Kippax said:
Lets have your thoughts on where you predict Manchester City FC will be in 10 years time (I promise i'll refer back to this thread on 06/12/2021 to see who wins :0 )

The reason i ask and I'm intrigued is becuase of our rise to the top and the fact that 10 years ago this season we were in the old Divison 1

I'll start:

Premier League winners on several occasions and CL winners once or twice. Still emplying Roberto Mancini and Joe Hart still commanding goal. Playing in a 60k seater stadium with both current "ends" having 3 tiers...........
It would be a travesty for me if we have three tiers all the way around. It will be a huge missed opportunity to make something special of our stadium. A symmetrical stadium like Arsenal's is boring as fuck. There's no identity to the stands. Like at our ground as it is now, when I hear "We are the South Stand", I always think "Yeah, so fucking what? The name
is bland as fuck and there's the same amount of away fans making more noise than you in that stand. There's twice as many Blues at the other end."

I dream of a giant second tier at the South Stand end or along the East Stand (givig us our Kippax back!) like at the Sydney Olympics where all our vocal fans could congregate (it was noticable at Wembley we had approx 15000-18000 who wanted to stand and that's what we should cater for at the Etihad not the pathetic 3000 we cater for now!):
sydney_aerial_olympic_stadium_l.jpg

(but with a roof on).

or one giant tier like Borussia Dortmund either at the South Stand end or along the East Stand (giving us our Kippax back!):
sued_bochum.jpg

Give it a proper name also like The Kippax because it gives it a proper sense of identity; The Mezzer End (after Billy Meredith), The Beswick Stand, Citizens Stand [these are just examples, not real suggestions]..

at the North Stand end give it three tiers.

On the pitch things will take care of themself. I'd imagine we'd'v won three or four Premier League titles, two or three FA Cups, one or two League Cups, and got to two Champions Lg finals (maybe even winning one)(don't forget it took Barca until 1992 to win their first and they were playing in Europe almost every season from the 1950's and it took them another 14 years to win another).

We will also hit a slump when this current bunch of players hit their 30's, we wont be able to plough a load of money in to make up for it. But we'll have four or five young Mancunians breaking into the team (I can dream!) in the tenth of them ten years (after three years of finishing 3rd/4th) and we'll be on the up again.

I don't think I'll ever be disappointed with City on the pitch ever again. I'm just nervous about what will happen with our shit stadium. Will it be bigger but still shit or will they sort it out into a proper special football stadium?! We'll never be the best football club in the world in my eyes if we don't have a stadium to rival Borussia Dortmund and other great stadiums (it doesn't have to hold 85000 like theirs does, it just has to look good and not like a symmetrical bore-dome!)

There is an Entertainment complex next to the ground that also contains 35 restaurants, the latest in 3D cinema entrainment and the Clog-World theme park including both the the worlds largest AND fastest roller-coasters.

The Etihad Stadium currently has a 60 thousand capacity but is just about to see the opening of the 4th tier with an additional 10.000 seats added under the immense closable roof structure that was added during 2013-14 season. The architecture of the roof is unbelievable and has won architectural awards by the dozen for the flowing design to the connected 35 story Abu Dhabhi tower next door.

We have bought every title possible (according to the whining rags at any rate) and have made the Sheikh more money than he invested in us which caused Karl-Heinz Rummenigge to choke on his chips at the stadium in 2019 when presented with a financial dossier to this effect by non-other than the Sheikh himself.

The swamp will have crumbled to the ground, after failing to co-share the Boundry park as they play in the third tier of football ( maybe the Etihad league one) due to loosing all they're chinese based fans as China now rules the world they have realised they're are other teams in the world, loosing 90% of they're fan base. City will now be playing in Elite league of Europe. Mancini is still manager, carlos is now legally Carlos tevrabchian.<br /><br />-- Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:02 pm --<br /><br />Baconface will now be a popular brand of spam!

I know where I will be (Price permitting) and thats watching us just like I was in 2001, 1991 and 1981.

How many cups or titles we win is irrelevant to me as much as it is good when it happens.

Born a blue, live a blue and die a blue.....

Probably in a breakaway league after most of the members of uefa are banned from playing european football. Either that or league 2 after all of the sheikhs leave.

10 times Premier league champions, but banned from european football due to over dominance of english football. This ban will be lifted when we make Blatter and Platini board members.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.