Where would City be now: if Mourinho replaced Pellegrini instead of Guardiola?

I think it could have been great. He would have 'got' us, just like Pep has.
Who knows what he might have gone on to achieve as he was once a serial winner, and with our foundations, he would probably have done great things.
Instead, we got Pep and it's been incredibly, wonderfully, fantastic, and couldn't have been bettered by anyone else.

A leisurely Friday night counterfactual discussion about how things would have developed through today if we had replaced Pellegrini with Mourinho instead of bagging Pep.

Where would City be now?

Would we have won any trophies?

How many managers would we have had since his appointment?

Would the fan base have accepted it (there were a few on here that supported the idea)?

What other things may have transpired?

Interested to hear the considered (and, no doubt, piss taking) opinions.
No treble and no 115. City would be another Chelsea. Which isn’t the worst thing to be before Roman got kicked out. Tho they are facing their own shit so maybe not the best example -:)

If Mourinho had taken over we would have won plenty of trophies but we would never have reached the lofty height we currently reside.

Holistic baby -:)

If we'd had Jose for the last 9 years instead it would be incredibly toxic, not just the rest of the big6 hating on us, everyone would detest us. I do think our trophy count wouldn't be too dissimilar but the way we won would be polar opposite. We would have a very different squad, more likely Bruno Fernando's instead of bernardo, might have got the likes of Ronaldo, neymar etc it would have been dive,cheat,con our way to winning by any means necessary, it would have been ugly and joyless and I'm so thankful our owners would never employ a scumbag like him in the first place

We would be boring as fuck and I would have taken up watcing hockey.
Go Leafs Go.

giphy.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.