Where would you rank last night in terms of disappointments?

Strange I'm really not gutted as much as I've been I think I was more gutted losing 3-2 to united at Wembley charity shield.
But was at the game so probs diff emotions

Very down after that. But I remember so many times listening to radio commentaries where City lost or drew league matches in the closing minutes when chasing points to avoid relegation, in perspective I've felt worse.

• Wigan annoyed me more, because I hate the cunts.
  • Losing to the scousers 4-0 then 6-0 in four days and being at both of them games.
  • Every time wimbledon came to maine road and kicked/hoofed us off the park for a shitty 1-0 win.
  • Middlesborough in the early 90s bogeying us
  • Just having to see spurs at all.
  • Anything alan ball related.
  • Twatting stoke 5-2 and still going down

All those things got/get on my tits more than last night, which is just a memory now

We will never win the feckin C.L. trophy.... :( It's the same feeling like after relegation game against Luton or Dippers....

It is important that we keep things in their proper perspective.
As a shy but eager young chap I once found myself in the car park next to the swinging sporran with a young lady who it would be fair to say was, by some quite significant margin, out of my league; nonetheless we had progressed to third base as the yanks call it and things were well and truly looking up....right up to the moment when my pissed up mates who I was absolutely sure we had shrugged off earlier suddenly materialised from nowhere to drunkenly disrupt proceedings. Close to 40 years later I can still recall the sense of disappointment, nay anguish, as their moronic little faces lurched into view.

In contrast, I was distraught for half an hour but then mostly reconciled to last night's proceedings by the time the clock struck twelve. Maybe things sting more when you are younger.

I was hurting walking out of the stadium after the Spurs CL exit and badly after losing to Chelsea last year.

I don’t know why but last night and today feels worse. Didn’t sleep last night with the shock of it all - so I’m with you 100%.
It hurts because it was avoidable in all those games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.