Where would you rank last night in terms of disappointments?

The Rags beating us 3-2 the day we could have beaten them for the title was a seriously shit day...The Owen goal was a bastard too. Spurs in the Champions League was the killer for me, I was jumping around for ages and then to have it chalked off was some kick in the teeth.

It was up there for me, the 2-3 and 4-3 v utd were bad, 3-2 v Liverpool and spurs cl qtr final were hard to take too. Luton at the time felt like the end of the world as a nipper, however, subsequent relegations didn't bother me too much, except maybe 2001 when it looked a bit shit again after the previous 2 seasons.

edit - forgot to add the 81 replay to the list

Not often I’m glad I wasn’t there after a defeat. I normally process it better if I’ve been there. Last night I couldn’t imagine the how shite the journey home must’ve been for those who attended. TV’s not been on all day, not looked at any sports news online. The disappointment last night comes not from the result but from the position we were in after 90 minutes. Heads held high on Sunday and give the guys a tremendous reception!

It was like a proper gut punch. I don’t obsess over the CL or hold it up as some kind of ultimate prize...but fuck me I hate to lose and being a a Burnley fans hand of minutes away from victory really hurt.

I’m 37 so had years of coming home form games as a kid of the 90s and ripping down the city posters off my bedroom wall and last night doesn’t compare to those days getting relegated and mulling all summer thinking the club is fucked.
I’m not too bad these days I went to bed in a sulk but I’m over it now because the bigger picture is we a still a unbelievable team 4 games from winning the league in the best period in our history. I even think losses like last night do me some good sometimes to just to keep the fire burning in me. Make no mistake Liverpool want this league more then any other so lefts go and win the fucker.

Had much bigger disappointments as a City fan but i'm not sure i've been as shocked before as i was with our total capitulation last night

I honestly and with 100% truthfulness can say that I am not arsed in the slightest. Not even a tiny bit.
This whole charade of a competition is a farce, and always has been. It is peopled by yesterdays men, yesterdays clubs, and is a cartel of, and for, the history clubs, and the acceptable (white) face of ‘new money’.
I won’t lie, seeing the acceptable face of mainstream racism handing over the prized trophy to a club with owners who look like ours, would have had a certain feeling of poetic “fuck you” to it, but even that would never, could never, come remotely close to the feeling of us handing them their arse in a courtroom. THAT was the fight the club could not afford to lose, or there would have been little or no club left to pick the bones out of afterwards.
Last night, and all the other nights in their fancy competition, are a necessary evil the club has to participate in, in order to sign the players we sign who regularly deliver the real prize. Champions of the worlds most prestigious and hardest to win league anywhere in world sport - the premier league.
The aftermath begins at weekend. I have nothing but absolute faith in this manager and this group of players to deliver the real prize. Champions of England and breaker of murderous hearts. Again.
My thoughts exactly. I was over it in seconds. Only my lads being mortified bothered me. I hate the competition and only want to win it to piss everyone off. Just hope it doesn’t derail our league form.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.