Where would you rank last night in terms of disappointments?

I just had no excitement or nerves in the week going into last night. I think we are not as good as we were 3 months ago . Our lack of a top striker means we're pretty much running on empty this deep into the season and against quality opponents.
KDB looked burnt out ,Bernardo ,Jesus and Foden must be on their 5th pair of boots. Too much asked of a small core of players.

I honestly and with 100% truthfulness can say that I am not arsed in the slightest. Not even a tiny bit.
This whole charade of a competition is a farce, and always has been. It is peopled by yesterdays men, yesterdays clubs, and is a cartel of, and for, the history clubs, and the acceptable (white) face of ‘new money’.
I won’t lie, seeing the acceptable face of mainstream racism handing over the prized trophy to a club with owners who look like ours, would have had a certain feeling of poetic “fuck you” to it, but even that would never, could never, come remotely close to the feeling of us handing them their arse in a courtroom. THAT was the fight the club could not afford to lose, or there would have been little or no club left to pick the bones out of afterwards.
Last night, and all the other nights in their fancy competition, are a necessary evil the club has to participate in, in order to sign the players we sign who regularly deliver the real prize. Champions of the worlds most prestigious and hardest to win league anywhere in world sport - the premier league.
The aftermath begins at weekend. I have nothing but absolute faith in this manager and this group of players to deliver the real prize. Champions of England and breaker of murderous hearts. Again.
Top class.

Last night for the first time I appreciated what it must have felt like to be a rag in 2012. Felt like shit all day not bought a paper or watched TV news, going to remember this feeling so I enjoy our next trophy win all the more. Woke up and knew something was very wrong, only comparable disappointments in the modern era was Wigan cup final and 2018 home Derby. Disappointments last century too many to list, but it's so different when you know your shit and punching above your weight.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.