Where would you rank last night in terms of disappointments?

I cried after the FA Cup final loss to Spurs.
The defeats at Shrewsbury and Halifax in the cup were shockers too and obviously the pain of going through numerous relegations.

So even though i was stunned last night, that game didn't even come close
Romarks curse strikes again??? That Halifax one was a bad day.

Not as bad as when we were beaten at home in the FA Cup by Coventry in 1982. I assumed, as a kid, that the beaten finalists from the year before would automatically get back to the final to win. I remember sitting in my bedroom, almost in tears, trying to work out how many days it was until the third round the next year!

Then the FA cup again, years later, when we lost to West Ham at home in the quarters on a Monday night. Much older but obviously not wiser, I fell into the "it's our year" trap again. I couldn't talk about that loss for weeks.

There are times when I'm glad I'm older and have 30 odd years of shite experiences to fall back on!!! I still woke up this morning and the first words out of my mouth were "for fucks sake" but I'm OK now.

I think it’s the shock value for me which creates the disappointment compounded by playing well too.
So last night was right up there because if the game had finished after 90 minutes we would have been deservedly through after playing a very good away leg. But the 2 goals out of fucking nowhere hit us like a bombshell, hence disappointment.
Likewise Stoke away when we played well, won 5-2 but 4 other results did not go our way and I was absolutely shocked we went down. Also, I’d watched enough football at that time to worry about ever getting back to the PL.
CL final was obviously a downer but it wasn’t so much of a shock given the team selection

I think the CL final loss and Lyon were harder.

This loss is just a reminder that the CL is rigged and unless we are winning by 5 goals in every tie like we were against Porto.. anything can happen.

The memory of Pep being absolutely furious at Riyad for not putting the tie away should be seared into our minds. That's what it'll take to win the CL.. to score 5 and not let any team get within 5 goals of us.

Chelsea last year was worse but the thought of mingling with 50,000 drunken scouse on a £1000 weekend has eased my pain.

well the Monaco, Spurs, Lyon exits hurt me more.

this Real side, lucky or not, they had a fucking hard fixture list and also ripped apart La Liga by 15 points with Benzeme running in a clear Ballon Dor form.
but Lyon were like Ligue1 7th place at the time they beat us with a lot lesser squad.
Spurs were like 20 points behind us or something like that.

huge disappointment comes from the way we lost this with basically being ahead for 179 minutes and not in danger of the exit. also that our finishing cost us again, they gave us a lesson og how to finish under pressure, while we were missing chances for fun home game and yesterday too, but especially in the home game.

may said we should have won by 2-3 goals at home at least and it will cost us we didnt they were right.

Not as bad as when we were beaten at home in the FA Cup by Coventry in 1982. I assumed, as a kid, that the beaten finalists from the year before would automatically get back to the final to win. I remember sitting in my bedroom, almost in tears, trying to work out how many days it was until the third round the next year!

Then the FA cup again, years later, when we lost to West Ham at home in the quarters on a Monday night. Much older but obviously not wiser, I fell into the "it's our year" trap again. I couldn't talk about that loss for weeks.

There are times when I'm glad I'm older and have 30 odd years of shite experiences to fall back on!!! I still woke up this morning and the first words out of my mouth were "for fucks sake" but I'm OK now.
I remember Coventry in 82.

Peter fucking Bodak chipping Corrigan for their 3rd and then celebrating in front of the City fans.

Hearrbreaking.

Lots of other games hurt more. The Owen derby goal in particular.

last night I was annoyed, but I’m not too bothered now. Onwards and upwards!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.