which board member prioritised finances over the league?

We started January level on points with rags and 6 ahead of spurs with game in hand! We lost yaya our most important player, we had dreadful decisions and lost Kompany and balotelli, we lost kolo and over that month we have gained on spurs and lost nothing v united ( in fact GD improved)

Perspective please - we have not played well we have had players out but picked up 9 pts from 15 with 4 of the games really tough!

4th choice striker is not the problem, we have one of those ready-made for next season and could have gotten someone on a 6-month loan if we're desperate. If we need a striker, it won't be 4th choice, it will be 1st/2nd/3rd choice to replace Mario or more likely Dzeko. As the one giving way is too high profile to be 4th striker, he would be on his bike.

I agree we may have stopped spending one window too soon but that's if we have consciously stopped spending - IMO (and I am only guessing but this is based on Mancini's comments and the consistency of our links with these players) Mancini's top four targets are Thiago Silva, Edison Cavani, Ezequiel Lavezzi, and Daniele De Rossi. Only one of those was a realistic chance of signing in January and we have tried to sign De Rossi but haven't been able to due to his club loyalty. Although we may still be able to in summer if he has his get-out clause put in his new deal... and if Mancini is still here.

I agree with certain posts here, Mancini needs to earn his money now rather than going out spending stupid money.

We are struggling when United, Chelsea and Arsenal are severely depleted compared to usual, whilst we still have a good squad intact which has had millions spent on it so therfore we have to win this year, it would be a failure if we did not in my opinion. We cant say, oh we've not got Yaya or we've not got Vinny.. look at United they have a ridiculous amount of key players out yet on the same points as us so for me its time Mancini to show us what he is made of.

In terms of the long run the board are going to have to do what they can to sustain Manchester City as a business, we cant put our 190m losses every year. Chelsea have even been told by Abramovic they have to start to creating Chelsea into a sustainable business now because he cant keep bailing them out with his money which is rightly so!

Balti said:
dctid said:
mansour's tow ropes said:
pathetic january, several players unavailable for different reasons, yet we don't sign anyone?

why not? we have the most money in the world, unlimited really. our squad was clearly designed to have 4 strikers, yet 1 striker has gone awol but we don't sign another? (tevez 1 - 0 city)

we knew we were gonna miss yaya, yet don't sign another midfielder till the last day, when he is nearly back. and even this striker probably will achieve fuck all

we have NO wingers in our squad. We have no pace in the team, apart from our fullbacks (and aguero and balotelli, but they don't do the job of a winger).

all these problems would be solved by signing 1/2 players for a few million in this window. yes there is FFP, but fuck the rules, we had the best possible chance of winning the league yet have not capitalised. i don't think we will win the league based on our january business.

we are falling apart, yet it seems to be the aim of the board to meet the rules rather than win the league. i'd hate to think its the sheikh, and can't see it, so i guess it must be khaldoon/marwood or a combination of board members.

at the end of the season we may have conceded the title to united, but hey ho, at least we are less likely to fall foul of some shitty rules

I think Mancini has had more backing than pretty much any manager in the history of football

The "shitty" rules like it or not we must comply - there was always going to come a time when we had to start considering FFFP as do most of the other clubs - our players are good enough - tonite was another example of a half arsed performance that only got better when we went down a goal

The fault lies squarely at Mancini no one else

so you basically think we should win every game now

like Chelski do

you know like the rags have done after decades of outspending their rivals

[blackburn/ etc/ etc/ cough]

I have no issue with losing bad day at the office and all that shit but even a fookin idiot can see that our performances are getting worse - we always always look like we will concede and team are no where near direct enough.

Compare the speed of the rags front line Rooney - Valencia - Hernandez and now welbeck - add to that Ashley Young it fast its dynamic and streches defending teams

The shit we are now being served up with is nothing more than Arsenal shit and we all know how much they have won

Have no faith in Mancini anymore out of the CC - CL - FA bottled the Charity Shield and we are far far too brittle -

Because of this shit fookin football that we now play every team that plays against us knows that providing they can compress the space they have a chance because we will give opposing teams chances.

Mancini has had enough money - its not new players he needs its a new fookin way of playing

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.