Which City player; alive or no longer with us, would you most like to have had a drink with

Glauber Berti, to find out what it felt like to realise he was actually going to play a whole minute and a half for the best team in the land and all the world

I’ve met Uwe Rösler in 21 Piccadilly, Paul Lake in Royale’s, had a pint with Tommy Booth and Peter Barnes in the Commonwealth Bar, chatted with a pint with most of the 1999 tea after the Wigan play off semi in a pub opposite Royale’s, stood and drank a pint with Richard Edghill at Wealdstone FC while he advised my lad on playing at right back.

I’d love to have a few pints with Carlos Tevez to ask him about playing for Boca Juniors, West Ham, Juventus, Corinthians, Argentina and making the switch from them to City.

I reckon he’s got a million stories to tell.

Funny enough Bellbuzzer was saying in the pink final thread how he used to see & talk to Billy Meredith, It would be fascinating to have a proper chat with Mr Meredith (probably not a drink as I have read somewhere he was tea total), From what I can make out he seems to have been a very interesting character.

Rodney Marsh. My favourite player at the time. Not to every one mind. I'd ask him about joining City when it looked like we would win the League.
I asked him on twitter about 1 year ago about him joining City and us losing the league,i was 7 in 72 and don't really remember how it all panned out.
I said to him,my dad always says to me,you cost us the league ,the year you joined,he replied " tell yer dad he's right "

Triple like.
When I was 15 ( in 1971)I got punched on the nose by a United bloke whilst I was charging about on The Kippax.
I had a small cosh under my Wrangler jacket and was determined I was going to whack him with it, but thought better off it in the end.
I eventually got a bollocking from my Mum for sawing the end off of her yardbrush.
fuckin ell mate...tea all over the shop :))

(should have toppled the red ****)

Last edited:
Never meet your heroes;-)
Absolutely. I've met a few of my City heroes over the years and the majority of them failed to live up to my blue-tinted and almost certainly unrealistic expectations.

They're just blokes who don't always enjoy or want to talk about football. Having met Mike Doyle socially a few times, I learned very quickly that he would talk for ages about golf or cars, but much less so about football.

Colin Bell was probably the shyest famous person I've ever met.

My favourite City related meetings/chats over the years...

Joe Mercer - A genuinely lovely friendly man.
Roger Palmer - Smashing lad, took time to stop and chat rather than just passing acknowledgement.
Edin Dzeko - What a guy. Spent time chatting with me and the kids, asking them about school etc. Really nice, interesting bloke.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.