Which City player are you?

The goal Denya scored v European champions Nottingham Forest at Maine rd in 1980(?) is still one of the proudest days of my life.
1nil City, a result no one saw coming at the time.
It was October 79. Was nine at the time. I remember because I was on holiday with my mum and brother in north east Spain (not Barcelona) that week. But I read the match report over and over when the English papers turned up a day or so later. So wish I’d been there. Atmosphere must have been amazing.

It was October 79. Was nine at the time. I remember because I was on holiday with my mum and brother in north east Spain (not Barcelona) that week. But I read the match report over and over when the English papers turned up a day or so later. So wish I’d been there. Atmosphere must have been amazing.
I've still got a match report cutting from the Sunday people I think with a picture of Tommy Caton challenging for a City corner in front of Platt Lane.all arms and legs
It must have been Denya's finest hour in football...apart from the 1974 and 78 world cups..and his outstanding 106 cap international career with Poland ; )

I've still got a match report cutting from the Sunday people I think with a picture of Tommy Caton challenging for a City corner in front of Platt Lane.all arms and legs
It must have been Denya's finest hour in football...apart from the 1974 and 78 world cups..and his outstanding 106 cap international career with Poland ; )
Before the takeover, Deyna was one of the finest players this club ever had, but he was past his best when he came here.

Not saying he wasn’t still a very good player. It’s just that you looked at a 25 year old version of him and saw world class. He wasn’t world class when he was at City.

Before the takeover, Deyna was one of the finest players this club ever had, but he was past his best when he came here.

Not saying he wasn’t still a very good player. It’s just that you looked at a 25 year old version of him and saw world class. He wasn’t world class when he was at City.
Surely his performances were partly due to the dross he was playing with at the time ..
Paul Futcher Bobby Shinton Colin Viljoen and Barry Silkman...it would be hard to look good amongst that lot.
Think he was injured a lot too...I've heard reports that he was on a different wavelength to his City team mates at the time.

Clive Allen, I had a lovely finish on me but was a bit lazy and definitely injury prone when I got older. Scored a fucking screamer once in a game than nobody who was there has ever forgotten.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.