Which City player are you?

He was in the Hatem Ben Arfa, Dmitri Payet mould. Could do amazing things individually with the ball, but not enough for top teams to entertain his lack of team ethic.
It was when Warnock was at QPR and had to manage Adel Taarabt. He was their best player by a mile and would get them up.

If your heart isn’t in it then c’est la vie.

I think it was a Keith Curle quote from Neil Warnock’s second book but apparently he was a disgrace in training. However, in matches, you just gave Kinky the ball.

I loved him and stuff but you need to look at the bigger picture.

The guy who could not leave a sinking ship quick enough and chucked a few insults about City on his way out or the guy who stayed to try and help us back up. I know which one I prefer.

The guy who could not leave a sinking ship quick enough and chucked a few insults about City on his way out or the guy who stayed to try and help us back up. I know which one I prefer.
Found it:
IMG_2460.jpegIMG_2461.jpeg
That kind of player is going to be detrimental to morale. I think that’s why Bellamy never stayed anywhere. No tact. No diplomacy.

Found it:
View attachment 102426View attachment 102427
That kind of player is going to be detrimental to morale. I think that’s why Bellamy never stayed anywhere. No tact. No diplomacy.

Im not saying its ideal, by any stretch, but Lampard, from memory, said the same about Aguero and Tevez was notorious for being a bad trainer.

Out of interest who was Derry saying that about, im guessing the winger who used to be at Spurs, Adel Taarabt? From hearing about him on a few podcasts he was not just a bad trainer, but quite arrogant and not liked by his teammates, which was different to Kinkladze.

Out of interest who was Derry saying that about, im guessing the winger who used to be at Spurs, Adel Taarabt? From hearing about him on a few podcasts he was not just a bad trainer, but quite arrogant and not liked by his teammates, which was different to Kinkladze.
You guess right. I thought Warnock’s second book would be interesting because it’s more about being a manager than him. How Palace went in to admin, other clubs making him offers once he left QPR and managing Leeds whilst they were being taken over.

He said Adel Taarabt would never normally get anywhere near his teams but he was an immense player who could win you matches. They went up as champions that season so he was proved right.

I’ve Googled it and he’s in the UAE now. What a waste of a talent.

Kazimierz Deyna.

This was given my parents were Polish and he was one of the first foreign imports after he and Poland did well in both the 1974 and 1978 World Cup finals.

My dad was chuffed to see them get 3rd place in 1974, two years before he died in August 1976 from heart and lung issues from working down Agecroft Coal pit until 1970 and smoking too many cigs as blokes used to do in those days.

Seeing Kaz in a City shirt from 1978 to 1981 brought a smile to my face, but sadly he passed away at 41 year old in a car accident in California.
The goal Denya scored v European champions Nottingham Forest at Maine rd in 1980(?) is still one of the proudest days of my life.
1nil City, a result no one saw coming at the time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.