Which City player in exchange for Nasri?

blueprint said:
Neanderthals will think that NDJ is more important to City than Silva, Hart, Kompany, Aguero, Yaya et al.

IMO City should progress beyond players like NDJ who is more of a liability in our team that is stacked with thoroughbreds.

Our critics decried us for playing unedifying (uninspiring) football when we should be playing with elegance and jogo bonito given that we spent hundred of millions of pounds on thoroughbreds.
Case in point;

Aguero (whom I have clamoured for a long time) just display that when NDJ was subbed out.

We should never revert to hoof & run, gun & brutish tactics. Our critics, justifying so, will slagged us for that.

-- Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:36 pm --

Sometimes I despair with our 'dutch de Jong' loving fans

I am sorry mate but you are making yourself sound like a right muppet here, a couple points to consider

1 - do you want to turn us into another Arsenal?
2 - NDJ can pass the ball very well and even picks out a few killer balls from time to time. Really dont understand how you can fail to see this last point that NDJ has great control, vision and reading of the game and is essential to our success in the league especially.

The Scarlet Pimpernel said:
blueprint said:
Neanderthals will think that NDJ is more important to City than Silva, Hart, Kompany, Aguero, Yaya et al.

IMO City should progress beyond players like NDJ who is more of a liability in our team that is stacked with thoroughbreds.

Our critics decried us for playing unedifying (uninspiring) football when we should be playing with elegance and jogo bonito given that we spent hundred of millions of pounds on thoroughbreds.
Case in point;

Aguero (whom I have clamoured for a long time) just display that when NDJ was subbed out.

We should never revert to hoof & run, gun & brutish tactics. Our critics, justifying so, will slagged us for that.

I am sorry mate but you are making yourself sound like a right muppet here, a couple points to consider

2 - NDJ can pass the ball very well and even picks out a few killer balls from time to time. Really dont understand how you can fail to see this last point that NDJ has great control, vision and reading of the game and is essential to our success in the league especially.

Obviously you are not thinking right.

1. Don't sell City short with its team of Veterans and experience squad. No we are not Arsenal. We have a team of mature players in Yaya, Silva, Kompany, Lescott et al
2. So can Zab ( much better) and Barry who can do all above and can even score.

Just check out the game again where Arteta went around him like a pylon ( this is an instance where Nigel failed as a defensive & holding m/f) to score against us 2 seasons ago at Goodison Park.

blueprint said:
blueprint said:

Case in point;

1. Don't sell City short with its team of Veterans and experience squad. No we are not Arsenal. We have a team of mature players in Yaya, Silva, Kompany, Lescott et al

Just check out the game again where Arteta went around him like a pylon ( this is an instance where Nigel failed as a defensive & holding m/f) to score against us 2 seasons ago at Goodison Park.

1 fucking example wheeled out again and again.

guess what zeebrugge everybody has bad games now and again, so blibbedy-blabbedy what?!

De Jong is indispensable and the vast, vast majority of clubs would take him off our hands in a heartbeat. Barry is the dispensable one, doesn't attack or defend as well as our other core midfielders and is less athletic too, but as he has more license than Nige he occassionally makes something happen up front so people go "ooh look at Barry, what did Nige do?", well Nige does his job, don't need 2 DMs? Sack Barry off and buy Sneijder or Nasri.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
blueprint said:

guess what zeebrugge everybody has bad games now and again, so blibbedy-blabbedy what?!

De Jong is indispensable and the vast, vast majority of clubs would take him off our hands in a heartbeat. Barry is the dispensable one, doesn't attack or defend as well as our other core midfielders and is less athletic too, but as he has more license than Nige he occassionally makes something happen up front so people go "ooh look at Barry, what did Nige do?", well Nige does his job, don't need 2 DMs? Sack Barry off and buy Sneijder or Nasri.

I am quite sure some of you Barry's detractors have changed your opinion by now. I thought its timely to bring up Nasri who is currently being vilified in another thread.

How easy of us to forget or get lost in the 'woods for the trees'.

blueprint said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
blueprint said:

I am quite sure some of you Barry's detractors have changed your opinion by now. I thought its timely to bring up Nasri who is currently being vilified in another thread.

How easy of us to forget or get lost in the 'woods for the trees'.

and Barry's had a superb half a season.

and I've strongly defended Nasri tonight.

I've also criticised NDJ for being poor.

And Barry still moves like a donkey, so that much hasn't changed.

but who's the saddo bringing up a 5 month old post to try and justify a point that isn't there anymore? not me.

blueprint said:

Case in point;

I love NDJ myself, he is committed and gives 150%, probably the best enforcer type of player in the league, but as it is now we dont need that type of player at this moment.
We need an box too box midfielder who can intercept, AND keep the ball moving.
Yesterday NDJ first midlead pass was teh reason too a goal, and he also lost the ball in a crucial time in the midfield where the could counter fast and put pressure on vinnie too go into a all win or lose tackle( which lead too a red card)

If he wants too play he has too have a success rate of passes at 90% or more, like barry yaya and milner.

Samir Nasri is a gifted natural footballer but yesterday he let himself down.

It was Derby battle and down to 10 men and he chose to shy out of the fight.

He needs to grow some like Silva'a, maybe needs to take up boxing to toughen him up.

zlaz3r said:
I love NDJ myself, he is committed and gives 150%, probably the best enforcer type of player in the league, but as it is now we dont need that type of player at this moment.
We need an box too box midfielder who can intercept, AND keep the ball moving.
Yesterday NDJ first midlead pass was teh reason too a goal, and he also lost the ball in a crucial time in the midfield where the could counter fast and put pressure on vinnie too go into a all win or lose tackle( which lead too a red card)

If he wants too play he has too have a success rate of passes at 90% or more, like barry yaya and milner.

Er, he does- 93.5% in League so far this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.