Which City player in exchange for Nasri?

It beggars my mind that we have fans who believes that NDJ is a 'wonder bread' since sliced bread.

Yes NDJ may be good at what he does, filling the stadium with his rakish and sliding tackles. With fury full of thunder but signifying nothing in terms of offense.
Let me clarify;
When Teams like Everton & Scums able to bypass him like he is a pylon. Just like the scums did at the recent CS
It begs the question then. What can he offer in terms of offense or fluidity in attacks and creativity and scoring?
The minute we sub him out we ( hundred of millions of pounds of marqujee players) went on a scoring spree. Thats a FACT.
What I'm suggesting is that City has a team of thoroughbreds (ala Barca) but why deploy plowhorses?

Talented and creative players like Silva, Nasri, Aguero, Balo, Dzeko, Yaya et al are a capable lot in terms of defending.
Why yoke a team of thoroughbred with a ploughhorse?

Just like NHL team who don't need enforcer.

NDJ is more important to city team than everyone bar Silva. Idiotic post and some replies.

Neanderthals will think that NDJ is more important to City than Silva, Hart, Kompany, Aguero, Yaya et al.

IMO City should progress beyond players like NDJ who is more of a liability in our team that is stacked with thoroughbreds.

Our critics decried us for playing unedifying (uninspiring) football when we should be playing with elegance and jogo bonito given that we spent hundred of millions of pounds on thoroughbreds.
Case in point;

Aguero (whom I have clamoured for a long time) just display that when NDJ was subbed out.

We should never revert to hoof & run, gun & brutish tactics. Our critics, justifying so, will slagged us for that.<br /><br />-- Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:36 pm --<br /><br />Sometimes I despair with our 'dutch de Jong' loving fans

Been having similar NDJ thoughts recently, blueprint. "Pylon" is the exact descriptor that's been going thru my head, too. It will be interesting watching the club handle him going forward from a Player Personnel standpoint.

De Jong can play in an advanced role and do more, he is being instructed to sit back, break up play, and give the ball to a playmaker (or alleged playmaker). Go and dig out some of his Ajax and Hamburg appearances.

I wonder if "blueprint" would have had Mourinho axe Makelele who played the exact same role as De Jong almost to a "t" and was, like De Jong for us, a key component for Mourinho's dominant team. Our team has lots of attacking flair now but needs to retain its steeliness, as we'll be sacrificing one of the midfield three (Barry most likely) for Nasri it appears, leaving De Jong and an often forward roaming Yaya as the only insurance to our back four.

We also didn't win a single league game when we missed De Jong last season if I remember correctly, he breeds confidence in the defence by being such an excellent holding midfielder. Some of our defensive performances when we missed him were diabolical (ie. vs. Liverpool).

General feeling that the rags would have done better in the CL final if Fletcher had been available.

Chelsea replaced Makelele with Mikel

Arsenal have won nothing since Viera left

Yet apparently we don't need someone who can actual win the ball.

I suggest a few people look at our record without de Jong last season.

As for teams passing around him, well yes, two or three players against one will always be free to do what they want, so I suggest the questions be asked of the general tactics or the rest of the team, not the one who was trying to get the ball back.

To cite one of our critics;
In the last 10 months, Manchester City have failed to score in the first half in four PL home matches. They went on to lose two of those matches and drew the other two 0-0.

Just imagine playing at home it took a 'deflected' (Vorm?) goal by Dzeko for us to go up against Swansea in the 57th. min.
The min. NDJ was subbed out we were to our true selves playing like true champions!
On a goal scoring spree!!<br /><br />-- Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:20 am --<br /><br />OK to cite one of the dutch fan to reinforce my point;

Hes the left back remember said:
Only read first page and last page.
Sat with 5 dutch guys last night( and a Beglian who loves City) who could not believe this situation.
their words(pls readin a Steve Mclaren Dutch accent).
He destructs but what else
OK sure he can tackle but so can so many other players
When did he score you a goal
When did he make you a goal
sure he stops paly but so do so many others
He is not so special a player to be at the top of your list
Who would pay him more?

All above quoted by fans who love him for the their country but see his limitations

I love him but see we can replace easier than other players

blueprint said:
Neanderthals will think that NDJ is more important to City than Silva, Hart, Kompany, Aguero, Yaya et al.

IMO City should progress beyond players like NDJ who is more of a liability in our team that is stacked with thoroughbreds.

Our critics decried us for playing unedifying (uninspiring) football when we should be playing with elegance and jogo bonito given that we spent hundred of millions of pounds on thoroughbreds.
Case in point;

Aguero (whom I have clamoured for a long time) just display that when NDJ was subbed out.

We should never revert to hoof & run, gun & brutish tactics. Our critics, justifying so, will slagged us for that.

-- Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:36 pm --

Sometimes I despair with our 'dutch de Jong' loving fans

I see you really adore Arsenal's style of play then?

Dude, I don't wanna slag you off for knowing nothing about football, but a successful football team requires balance in the team. As much creativity and flair is must-have in the squad, and so is those hoof & run players.

A midfield of Toure, Silva, Nasri and Aguero won't survive.

RD1 said:
NDJ is more important to city team than everyone bar Silva. Idiotic post and some replies.

NDJ is more important to city team than everyone bar Silva.
==================
Sorry........

Absolute pile of fucking tosh!

Important player yes... but so Is Tevez, Silva, Aguero, Yaya, Kompany, Hart... all before NDJ

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.