Which moments from our history would you want to retrospectively check using VAR?

For us:

The Goats disallowed goal after he came off the bench at the swamp. He scored the equaliser and the disallowed one would have been the winner.

Against us:

David Whites second against the dippers in a 2-1 win at Maine Road. 1st game of the season I think it was, on a Monday night. Elton Welsby is still having nightmares about it and telling everyone it never went over the line. (Goal line technology would have cleared this up though rather than VAR)

We slaughtered them in the 2nd leg at Anfield, ended up 1-1 draw (Dave Bennett) and Gary Buckley ripped Phil Neal apart.... So lost 2-1 on aggregate.
Remember this team could not field Tommy Hutch, Gerry Gow or Bobby Mac whobwere cup tied.
Twas a very strange season, we could have done a cup double after being dreadful for almost half a season.

"Super" Kevin Horlock.

I was there, away at Bournemouth (Dean Court), that day and the referee was one Mr Brian Coddington - a name forever etched upon my memory. What a useless twat he was! Sent Jamie Pollock off in the same match.

The ridiculous handball against Micah at Anfield also the non penalty against Kevin Horlock when he got kicked in the head and had to be bandaged up! Im ashamed to say I cant remember our opponents - possibly Ipswich..... ( it's an age thing!)

And Tiattos offside goal when he ran the length of the pitch with the ball

A league game vs Liverpool at home in the 80’s. we were stood in the kippax and clearly saw the ball go out for a corner to us at the north stand end, a good metre. Lawrensen jogged over , turned with the ball and played it up the pitch, two passes later and the ball was in the back of our net. We lost 1-0 to the cheating bastards

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.