Which players do city owe a debt to?

BibbyBlue85 said:
Andy Morrison! He came in and literally dragged us out of Division 2. The signing of Morrison was vital to us being promoted that year

I couldn't agree more.

Although not a player, David Bernstein should get an honourable mention. He dragged us into the 21st century and gave us a solid base we'd craved for. He also kept the reins on Keegan and stopped him bankrupting us. And not forgetting his ban on wooney for the semi

mancitymick said:
Thaksinssoldier said:
If u could bring someone back into the fold as thanks for services rendered who would it be?
Even to just bring them back as a one off for us to thank again.

For me it has to be

Kinkladze.our loyal shining light in our darkest times.

Is this the same Kinkladze who sometimes could not be arsed when were in Div 1 and as soon as relegated who wanted out for a big money move. Yes he had loads of talent and was a joy to watch when he wanted to do it. When our backs were against the wall he was sometimes seem wanted.

What?..........most players of his standard would never have stayed an played in Div 1/championship what ever you want to call it!!!.......I was at Oxford when the home team gave him a standing ovation, at southend where he was a one man team and gave a master class.

Having said that I would have Uwe, the Goat or Andy Morrison back at the club

During my lifetime I'd say:

Paul Power
Steve Redmond
Neil McNab
Ian Brightwell
Uwe Rosler
Danny Tiatto
Niall Quinn
David White
Steve Lomas
Colin Hendry
Garry Flitcroft
Richard Dunne
Ali Benarbia
Shaun Wright-Phillips
Jihai Sun
Marc Vivien-Foe

Joe Hart
Micah Richards
Yaya Toure
Vincent Kompany
Gareth Barry
Nigel De Jong
Carlos Tevez

The full 1998/99 squad -especially the Finalists:
Nicky Weaver (Sheffield Wednesday), Lee Crooks (RAF, LAC), Richard Edghill, Gerard Wiekens (is he in Britain still?), Andy Morrison (Assistant Manager at Northwich Victori.), Kevin Horlock (plays for Needham Market FC in Suffolk this season), Michael Brown (Leeds U****d FC), Jeff Whitley, Paul Dickov, Shaun Goater, Terry Cooke (seen last season at Gabala of Azerbaijan and was on trial at Aberystwyth Town this season), Gareth Taylor (Academy/Youth coach at City), Tony Vaughan, Ian Bishop (Coaches in the USA/Boca Raton, Florida)

Geo Kinkladze

My Dad chipped in with...

Tony Book, Colin Bell, Glyn Pardoe, Francis Lee, Mike Doyle, Mike Summerbee
Alan Oakes, Joe Corrigan, David Watson, Asa Hartford, Tommy Caton, Peter Barnes, Neil Young, Tommy Booth,

And said Granddad wouldn't settle for anyone other than Frank Swift, Bert Trautmann, Tommy Johnson, Ken Barnes, Sam Cookson, Sam Cowan, Fred Tilson, Eric Brook, Roy Paul... the list went on and on. Wish my Granddad was here to chip in again.

For me, there are Legends, Servants, The Future and The Past. I wouldn't want anyone forgotten or under-celebrated.

People may mock Bob Taylor and while he wasn't a success for us his goal against Birmingham in the penultimate game of the season proved vital.

swp for movein to chelsea and the £22m kept the bank happy and stoped us endin up like everton!!!!!!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.