Which result disappointed you the most

City Wigan FA cup final.
Totally abject display by the players and the Mancini sacking going on behind the scenes was just awful

The FA Cup final v Wigan still absolutely infuriates me. The players were a disgrace that day.

Agreed.

Backing the players against the manager was a disaster.
Yes, we bounced back the following season but it directly led directly to the last 2 & 1/2 seasons of relative failure. Something we are yet to fully recover from.

Last edited:
The FA Cup final v Wigan still absolutely infuriates me. The players were a disgrace that day.

And yet people beg for 2 or 3 of those to either still play or come back. Should have cleared all the ego's out of the dressing room there and then, including Mancini if that's what was needed. Anyway onwards and upwards so they say.

As to the original question.

Spurs '81.
West ham in the quarter final at the Etihad.
Spurs in the Quarter final when Berbatov ran the show despite them going down to 9 men?
Spurs at Maine Rd, pitch invasion and Phelan's wonder goal.
Spurs in Mancini's first season to miss out on CL football for the first time, had tickets for WHU away the following week, what a flat day that was.
Too many Rag games to mention.

Just realised why i hate spurs lol.

Yep, the politics going on behind the scenes cost us this one.

I was at the '81 final but we weren't expected to win that one but Wigan with 60k of us there was disgraceful.

And yet people beg for 2 or 3 of those to either still play or come back. Should have cleared all the ego's out of the dressing room there and then, including Mancini if that's what was needed. Anyway onwards and upwards so they say.

As to the original question.

Spurs '81.
West ham in the quarter final at the Etihad.
Spurs in the Quarter final when Berbatov ran the show despite them going down to 9 men?
Spurs at Maine Rd, pitch invasion and Phelan's wonder goal.
Spurs in Mancini's first season to miss out on CL football for the first time, had tickets for WHU away the following week, what a flat day that was.
Too many Rag games to mention.

Just realised why i hate spurs lol.
Some belters in there, Tottenham definitely are a close 2nd to Manu for most rancid ****s on the planet.
That quarter final at Maine Road 92/93 was a bad one to swallow.

Wigan Cup final - I was on honeymoon and it was my birthday so how could it be anything other than a City win? I was seriously pissed off at the display we put in!

8-1 boro. Sat in a pub full of rags while they celebrated winning the league. They won the champions league later the next week as well.

8-1 boro. Sat in a pub full of rags while they celebrated winning the league. They won the champions league later the next week as well.
That 8-1 game was proper typical City from the weather dropping 10 degree's 2 miles from Middlesbrough to having Dunney sent off and being attacked by the cops for no reason, singing for Sven and still got into Europe.

Strangely for some perverse reason it falls into both best/worst categories.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.