Which set of fans likes us the most?

BlakeTheBlue said:
For as long as i can remember we were universaly loved as everyones second team. The plucky blue manc underdogs with a "typical City" tag and a crackers inflaitable Bannana sense of humour... They got over 30,000 in the third tier of football you know...

Now we are loathed by all with none of them stopping to think, We're still the same club we've always been... Same humour, Same loyalty. Just with the money and players they would like at thier own club. Hence the resentment and bitterness.

Personaly, I couldn't give a rats arse which of them love us, hate us or are indifferent... I'll always be a blue and that's all that matters.

we are not the same club........being taken over was a life changing moment, same as a lottery win.

You think you will be the same but not a chance!!

i read all premier league forums ( i know that doesnt mean every football fan thinks the same) but only newcastle and some bolton fans like us

funny reading chelsea though they go on at us about spending loads of money...ermmmm pot,kettle,black.

danburge82 said:
West Ham fans are a decent bunch. They've always been great with us. My Dad remembers an away day there in the 80's where we were relegated and the West Ham fans invaded the pitch at the end and ran to the City end and applauded the Blues. Then my Dad said the walk out of the ground was seen with the Hammers along the road shouting "hope to see you back soon" and people clapping.

I went to West Ham away on my birthday about five or six years ago and ended up in a West Ham pub and their lot were drinking and singing with us.

They're the only other set of fans in the country i like. I'm sure they feel the same about us.

Funny you mention west Ham, we were down at portsmouth a few years ago (lost 3-1 i think Badbuy scored for them.)
an we met 4 west Ham Fans, iron tattoos and everything, proper cockney lads, came down to pompey to watch the blues. They said they allways look out for our results and when they are'nt playing and City are down south they try and get tickets to watch us.
Personally ive allways had a good times when we play down at upton park.
Not a bad bunch at all.

Bumped into a fella in the cury house in Timperley last Saturday, he asked how we had gone on against Wolves, told him the result to which he replied..........
"I'm not a City fan, just hate United and I hope City win the league beacause it would really piss them of and make a lot of football fans really happyf" which really pissed off the fella serving me because he had to pipe up "I'm a red, not hardcore or anything, but why do you hate United...?" to which the other fella replied..."Just that, you say you support United but don't go, not hardcore just arrogant, that's why, everybugger hates the fans of United"
Loved it.................................
Thank god he had provided me with the food I ordered before hand............!!!!

Stretford Born Blue said:
Bumped into a fella in the cury house in Timperley last Saturday, he asked how we had gone on against Wolves, told him the result to which he replied..........
"I'm not a City fan, just hate United and I hope City win the league beacause it would really piss them of and make a lot of football fans really happyf" which really pissed off the fella serving me because he had to pipe up "I'm a red, not hardcore or anything, but why do you hate United...?" to which the other fella replied..."Just that, you say you support United but don't go, not hardcore just arrogant, that's why, everybugger hates the fans of United"
Thank god he had provided me with the food I ordered before hand............!!!!

that's a close shave. lol

the geordies are always good fun - and as a few have said west ham.

that relegation day was just bizarre - we could both have gone down, beautiful hot sunny day. city were the usual self-depreciating lot taking the piss - west ham invaded the pitch at the end and all came down to our end.....it was starting to feel as thouhg it was going to get a bit nasty - 'til city started singing "we'll meet again" - that did it, they were singing for us, we were singing for them - all really good natured. The walk back to the tube was funny, lot's of mutual backslapping and stuff -

as for newcastle, just a great place to go out on the piss!<br /><br />-- Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:51 pm --<br /><br />
Stretford Born Blue said:

...oh god, you didn't order the chef's special shish kebab did you - that bastard's well known.

leeds.... have a soft spot for them too. i loved every second of them beating the rags in the swamp in the cup.

for the record,something i noticed over the years was how vindictive /sore the rags were in defeat.... anything you say in their presence will be stewed on and thrown back in your face when they get their revenge(as they see it).

sooooooooo, i think silent smiling shows them CLASS! ;) oh and a wink

Know a good few Leeds fans who like us. Watched the 1-6 in a hotel bar in Abu Dhabi and the bar manager is a Leeds fan, he was happier than I was!

My favourite set of fans are Newcastle and West Ham, and love Rangers fans as well.

West Ham are great. Proper loyal supporters who live it like us. I was there in 1987 after being held up on the tube and getting in at 3.30 pm. I won't forget the great respect they showed us when we were relegated and it will always be recipricated.

The Geordies are sound too. Some great lads up there and a top away day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.