Which youngster have the best chance making it with us?

nehe11

Maybe someone who sees the EDS team on a regularly basis can shed some light on who you think have the best chance making in with us. I haven´t seen any of the lads live but I´ve seen Karim Rekik a few times play for Portsmouth and he was impressive to say the least. He was strong, quick and seemed very mature for his age. He held his own in the championship which is impressive seeing is only 17. I probably put my money on him beeing the best out of the current crop we have now.

Excluding Guidetti, Rekik seems to have the best chance from the current reserve side especially as he has now shown he can also play left-back. Suarez is an equally top prospect and standing out even for Spain under-19s, his problem is that we have Silva and Nasri who are quite young. But he won man of the match playing left wing for Spain U19s last time out so maybe like Rekik he too is versatile and if he can play on the wing that gives him a better chance here.

Razak is a good player but had disciplinary problems at Portsmouth and came back early. Wabara gets a lot of praise but I don't think he has much of a shot here as the two positions he can play, CB and RB, are too well stocked (or will be when we invest in a new CB). Trippier was even better than Wabara as a right-back IMO and was sold off.

It seems like Joan Roman, another good EDS player, could be going back to Spain. I like him and he almost got a chance when he was promoted to the bench against Sporting but because we went 2-0 down in that game wasn't given any minutes.

The under-18s has some good players like Rusnak and King but we won't know how good they will end up being for a while yet. The likelihood is that the foreign kids we sign like Suarez, Rekik, Pozo, and Lopes have the best chance in the near future as they were top scouted talent and we haven't brought through a really good British player since Sturridge. Maybe one of the British dominated under-18s can surprise us and make it.

Denis Suarez seems to have a chance and Rekik is another possibility.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.