Which youngster have the best chance making it with us?

Young said:
And what about Scapuzzi?

ON THE FIRST DAY THE TROPHY WAS ON DISPLAY FOR PHOTOS that arsehole was upstairs in the City Store having tons of shirts printed for him and his Italian mates, with a line of fans waiting out the door to get a Champions Shirt and/or a pic with the trophy! He had one employee all to himself for about the hour I was waiting in line, and had a little entourage of teenagers with him that all seemed to be getting shirts with his name on them, and I also saw one Kompany shirt being made for his group.

That's bullshit on such a busy fan day!

So, he had better score a ton of goals in the Prem or ship him!!! ;-)

nehe11 said:
Maybe someone who sees the EDS team on a regularly basis can shed some light on who you think have the best chance making in with us. I haven´t seen any of the lads live but I´ve seen Karim Rekik a few times play for Portsmouth and he was impressive to say the least. He was strong, quick and seemed very mature for his age. He held his own in the championship which is impressive seeing is only 17. I probably put my money on him beeing the best out of the current crop we have now.

The answer is Rekik. Fact.

Young said:
And what about Scapuzzi?

Clarkie? He's 21 now, I don't really know why we ever signed him when it was clear he'd never play for the first team.

Rekik and Suarez are the two stand out candidates.

It seems that Roman is off unfortunately and I have my doubts about Razak, the next likely batch include Hiwula, Rusnak, Cole and King, who have all done well in the under 18s but at their age it's difficult to tell. Everyone knew Rooney was going to be a future England international when he 16, none of our under 18s are at that level so its important to be realistic about their chances.

Jose Angel Pozo is rumoured to be be moving up to the under 18s for next season, despite him only being 16, so let's hope he fulfils his talent.

Obviously we all want academy players to come through and our academy will soon be one of the best in the world. If we can add one academy product to the first team squad every year, then we're doing a good job. In my opinion, when local lads come through, don't quite make it with City, but make good careers for themselves in the game, then our academy's done it's job. Realistically, less that 1% of the kids City pick up will make it with us, so it's important that we do as much as possible for the other 99%.

OP, you sick bastard, I saw a squirrel get run over this morning, how can you think about players at a time like this you insensitive bastard,

Rekik seems like the one with the biggest shot at making it. He's still only young, 17 I believe, and defence is an area we need to strengthen. If Savic can get games at his current level (and being 3 years older than Rekik) then it can't be too long before Rekik is a bench regular.

Young said:
And what about Scapuzzi?

*Not sure if serious face*

Rekik for me followed by Suarez and Razak (big Razak fan)

Not sure about Abu though, took the mighty Norwegian league by storm then couldnt get in Frankfurts teams

its hard to tell at the moment i remember watching every reserve game in 2000-01 season when Rhys Day, Leon Mike, Chris Killen ,Chris Shuker all played back then i was convinced that the one who would make it would be Terry Dunfield he was head & shoulders above anybody else in the end it was Joey Barton who came through back then he was normally a sub but at this moment i would say Rekik & Suarez

if Guidetti doesnt get a chance then their is no point in the academey right now

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.