White Hart Cheadle .....

Hamann Pineapple said:
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/man-held-attempted-murder-after-5144189#.UegpXPfyby0.twitter

Man held for attempted murder after Stockport pub hammer attack

The Twitterati reckon the landlord did it

Just spoke with a mate whose niece works there. She was supposed to be working tonight too.

The word is the landlord got in a row with a punter and threatened to take a hammer to him. The punter said bring it on so the landlord did. Head and neck injuries ensued. Apparently the landlord does have quite a temper. He refused to serve me a couple of months ago claiming i was drunk which i wasnt, im glad now i didnt argue and just moved on.

marcus said:
Cheadle village saddens me. 20 years ago it was hammered thurs, fri, sat and sun. Had laughs up n down the high street that I'll never have again. Demise for me started with the George going pear shaped.

Suppose the village is still nice and few good restaurants but as regards to a pub crawl it's gone!

Yeah , i'd have to agree with that ........ 20 years ago i was quite a regular in the White Hart , mainly because i fancied the barmaid a bit too much for her liking !

But i spent one friday night in there about two years back and it turned out a pitched battle at the end of the night ... young drunken lads brawling , glasses used as weapons , the disco machine got knocked over , coppers everywhere ..... i haven't been in there since , and it doesn't really sound as if i'm missing much.

It's a shame because if i had to name a pub that has figured prominently in my life , the White Hart would probably be the one.

30b0arc.jpg

Man arrested for attempted murder in White Hart, Cheadle
July 18, 2013

A man has been arrested for attempted murder after attacking a 46 year old man with a hammer in the White Hart Pub, Cheadle.

Police were called to the pub shortly before 5pm on Thursday 18th July. The victim, who had a serious puncture wound to the neck, has been taken to hospital.

anyone remember The Vine - used to see Alex Higgins in there in the 80's

DiscoSteve said:
anyone remember The Vine - used to see Alex Higgins in there in the 80's

Remember it well ....

me and the missus went there for karaoke nights on many an occasion , good pub that was.

black mamba said:
marcus said:
Cheadle village saddens me. 20 years ago it was hammered thurs, fri, sat and sun. Had laughs up n down the high street that I'll never have again. Demise for me started with the George going pear shaped.

Suppose the village is still nice and few good restaurants but as regards to a pub crawl it's gone!

Yeah , i'd have to agree with that ........ 20 years ago i was quite a regular in the White Hart , mainly because i fancied the barmaid a bit too much for her liking !

But i spent one friday night in there about two years back and it turned out a pitched battle at the end of the night ... young drunken lads brawling , glasses used as weapons , the disco machine got knocked over , coppers everywhere ..... i haven't been in there since , and it doesn't really sound as if i'm missing much.

It's a shame because if i had to name a pub that has figured prominently in my life , the White Hart would probably be the one.

30b0arc.jpg

Man arrested for attempted murder in White Hart, Cheadle
July 18, 2013

A man has been arrested for attempted murder after attacking a 46 year old man with a hammer in the White Hart Pub, Cheadle.

Police were called to the pub shortly before 5pm on Thursday 18th July. The victim, who had a serious puncture wound to the neck, has been taken to hospital.

I cannot remember a time I have not seen your post 'edited' 2 or 3 times at the bottom, so this a first!!

Used to drink in there in the 80's when I played cricket for Cheadle CC, cracking nights. Tasty barmaids too
Moved to play for Cheadle Hulme CC and then took up residence in Church Inn
ps I'm being stalked Andy Hinch!

Went in the White Hart a couple of months ago on a Saturday night and i must admit it was scary.
Years ago was a very popular and well respected pub but that night frightened the shit out of me..
As somebne has mentioned Didsbury is what Cheadle was 20 years ago.
Shame really..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.