White Hart Cheadle .....

plongo said:
Used to drink in there in the 80's when I played cricket for Cheadle CC, cracking nights. Tasty barmaids too
Moved to play for Cheadle Hulme CC and then took up residence in Church Inn
ps I'm being stalked Andy Hinch!
Join the queue:) me and the pups in there most Sunday afternoons.

marcus said:
Cheadle village saddens me. 20 years ago it was hammered thurs, fri, sat and sun. Had laughs up n down the high street that I'll never have again. Demise for me started with the George going pear shaped.

Suppose the village is still nice and few good restaurants but as regards to a pub crawl it's gone!

yeah, we used to frequent as well .............. vaguely remember "back in old days" Stockport's licencing was slightly different - On a Sunday Manchester pubs had to shut at 10:00 whereas Stockport pubs stayed open till 10:30 - so loads of us would jump in taxis from Didsbury just to get that last half hour (crazy)

Anyone else remember the old licensing hours - Pubs only open between 12.00 and 2.30 and then shutting in the afternoons and opening again at 6:30pm until 10:30. - I think it was around 1988 when all day opening came in - so different to today.

Kakhaber Tskhadadze K.O.T.A. said:
marcus said:
Cheadle village saddens me. 20 years ago it was hammered thurs, fri, sat and sun. Had laughs up n down the high street that I'll never have again. Demise for me started with the George going pear shaped.

Suppose the village is still nice and few good restaurants but as regards to a pub crawl it's gone!

yeah, we used to frequent as well .............. vaguely remember "back in old days" Stockport's licencing was slightly different - On a Sunday Manchester pubs had to shut at 10:00 whereas Stockport pubs stayed open till 10:30 - so loads of us would jump in taxis from Didsbury just to get that last half hour (crazy)

Anyone else remember the old licensing hours - Pubs only open between 12.00 and 2.30 and then shutting in the afternoons and opening again at 6:30pm until 10:30. - I think it was around 1988 when all day opening came in - so different to today.

Dunno how far back you're going but I never remember 1000 closing. Not in Manchester anyway.

If memory serves it was:

1100-1530 and 1730-2230 Monday to Thursday.

Same except an extra half hour at night Friday and Saturday.

1200-1400 and 1900-2230 Sunday.

tidyman said:
Kakhaber Tskhadadze K.O.T.A. said:
marcus said:

Dunno how far back you're going but I never remember 1000 closing. Not in Manchester anyway.

If memory serves it was:

1100-1530 and 1730-2230 Monday to Thursday.

Same except an extra half hour at night Friday and Saturday.

1200-1400 and 1900-2230 Sunday.

I make you right Tidyman, I used to have black cabs in Stockport, vaguely recall the pubs extending to 11.00 closing but surely that would have been nationwide rather than just local.

Either way it did make a difference in terms of income, people hung around drinking up longer and ended up having to pay the extra third after midnight to get home.

Seems mad now to think that they opened for 4and a half hours at lunch time, at best it was a swift one if you worked, except Fridays of course, especially in the building trade. Sundays was always a rush job for last jacks @ 14.00 on a Sunday.

DTKOAG said:
Went in the White Hart a couple of months ago on a Saturday night and i must admit it was scary.
Years ago was a very popular and well respected pub but that night frightened the shit out of me..
As someone has mentioned Didsbury is what Cheadle was 20 years ago.
Shame really..
Are you suggesting Didsbury is a great night out?!
Plenty of chain pubs & more than enough meat-heads for my liking!
Over-priced too.
:(

nw42 said:
Sundays was always a rush job for last jacks @ 14.00 on a Sunday.

Not in my local, it was the local CID,s choice for a drink and they always got afters. So my local was never ever going to get raided. Next door but one to the cop shop too :))

Hey Russ I was thinking today about the demise of football in cheadle as well as the pubs. Do you remember the Champions of Cheadle Cup? 2 teams from the Oak, 2 from the George, Cheadle fc from the Red, white hart would pitch in with a team then you,d have the Kenny and Adswood United putting teams in. Final at Cheadle Town and basically knowing every fucker that played? extremely competitive and a trophy all us local lads were desperate to win.

As far as I know there is only Cheadle Fc that still play from cheadle these days and I'm not even sure where they are based.

How times change

Hey Marcus,

Growing up in the posh suburbs of Cheadle Hulme then moving on to the leafy streets of Poynton have softened you up you soft twat.

Get down to Cheadle with me and Russ.
That fookin flag outside the Oak needs burning ;)

Phil Meup said:
DTKOAG said:
Went in the White Hart a couple of months ago on a Saturday night and i must admit it was scary.
Years ago was a very popular and well respected pub but that night frightened the shit out of me..
As someone has mentioned Didsbury is what Cheadle was 20 years ago.
Shame really..
Are you suggesting Didsbury is a great night out?!
Plenty of chain pubs & more than enough meat-heads for my liking!
Over-priced too.
:(
Over the two places i would rather have a night out in Didsbury than Cheadle.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.