Who’s gone in the summer?

I get the feeling with Laporte and Jesus it's not that they're unhappy in Manchester or at City, they just want playing time. Probably an obvious thought.

My gut tells me that Laporte lacks a strong character. Anyone who runs away from his home nation simply because he failed to impress in training or whatever, needs to be carefully watched. He appears to be the sort of player who might easily sign for a Premier League rival without any feelings of regret. Hopefully I am wide of the mark as anybody capable of replacing him would cost City a fortune.

My gut tells me that Laporte lacks a strong character. Anyone who runs away from his home nation simply because he failed to impress in training or whatever, needs to be carefully watched. He appears to be the sort of player who might easily sign for a Premier League rival without any feelings of regret. Hopefully I am wide of the mark as anybody capable of replacing him would cost City a fortune.
He was never called up to the french team except one time but he got injured , it was a clash with the manager and not because he wasnt good enough , he was right to change

Laporte liked this post.

Yeah I think I made this point in another thread. I get the feeling with Laporte and Jesus that they're not unhappy at anything to do with City or Manchester (like Bernardo). Their issues are strictly on the pitch.

Laporte has shot down a rumour or two I think in the past. They've rumbled on for a while.

It's also possible that he's not the only person with access to his accounts, and it's one of his social media team that have liked the post.

I hope Pep/txiki is serious abut that they can let Laporte, Jesus, Bernardo but they and especially their agents have to bring in suitable offers.

Now only thing I hope suitable offers does not mean the usual soft shit selling fees but we make it a high price so we either benefit from selling them financially or they are forced to stay as we kind of need them especially Laporte and Jesus as a sub too. i am ok with deals like loan+obligated to buy at a higher price next summer than smaller fee received this summer.

i wouldnt just go this time to be nice ince to buyer clubs as same clubs would fuck us over without hesitation for the price if its the other way around.

Same with Bernardo, stump up 60m for him or fuck off. he is a great player, you see mediocre player chaging clubs these days for 35-40m quite often. Bernardo for 40m or less could be the deal of the summer apart from the Donnarumma,Messi for free to PSG.

If the plan is sell Laporte for a shit 35-40m fee with his prime years coming up as a CB and use Sandler as 4th choice i will be very unimpressed with that and makes us deffo weaker in the defence department and the price we get is just not serious compared to how good player he is in today market.
look at what happened with Liverpool defence last year if they had a Laporte coming in for Van Dijk their season might not go down the toilet.

We spent 60m on Laporte and he is not a worse player when he came, he had some shit injuries and was rotated only due to Stones rebirth but for Spain now he is pretty much number 1 CB for years to come and had a pretty solid Euros too.
Bbut Barca is financially fucked, Real imo is planning with Militao+Alaba CB duo, so where the hell Laporte would really go? Italians couldnt even offer 30m at this point which would be laughable.
if Atletico has any money hope they spend it on Bernardo, they wont have enough for both.
It would be interesting to see if they would swap Bernardo and Laporte for Felix.

The three players who want to leave can all go with our very best wishes. They've all been great for us and ideally, I'd like them all to stay but if they want to go then we shouldn't stand in their way.

However, they've picked a fine time to tell us they want to go. Other than in England, there's no money anywhere. Surely their agents should've mentioned that to them!

I would want £60m for Bernardo, £50m for Jesus and £70m for Laporte. I don't see anyone offering them fees, so it's swapsie time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.