Who’s gone in the summer?

Mendy, bravo, walker, otamendi, stones, Plus Sane , Fernandinho, Silva,. Absolutely wanted tonight. No fucking fight in that team at all. Allowed a muscle strapped average winger to rip us apart. We were shit scared of him . Mendy absolutely clueless and Silva was no help to him . Pep can fucking go for me. Absolutely shit himself into bringing on his favourite Gundogan leaving us bereft up front. DE BRUYNE still had loads of running left in him and we were causing some problems, the change was fucking stupid , dont care what reputation Pep has , that was a actions of a bottler

In fairness to Otamendi, he's been a good servant over the years but his legs have gone - he should have been replaced in the summer. I've seen some good signs with Mendy over the last few games and he did ok tonight apart from the error which led to their equaliser. I think he's worth persisting with but we need to sign a better back up. With hindsight, giving Gundogan a new contract was a mistake. Mahrez is too inconsistent but will stay. From what I saw tonight we should definitely sign Traore. If we could sign him, Sancho, a new centre back and two new full backs (one on either side, I'm not convinced by Cancelo from what I've seen of him) we'll be ready to challenge again next season.

Mendy, bravo, walker, otamendi, stones, Plus Sane , Fernandinho, Silva,. Absolutely wanted tonight. No fucking fight in that team at all. Allowed a muscle strapped average winger to rip us apart. We were shit scared of him . Mendy absolutely clueless and Silva was no help to him . Pep can fucking go for me. Absolutely shit himself into bringing on his favourite Gundogan leaving us bereft up front. DE BRUYNE still had loads of running left in him and we were causing some problems, the change was fucking stupid , dont care what reputation Pep has , that was a actions of a bottler

I can only assume Pep was thinking longer term and knew as we all did that the league had gone. It all depends on whether he has the hunger to rebuild the side as he did before the 17-18 season. Only he can answer that question. If he does then he absolutely should stay, surely he's earned the right to?

Dinho, Silva, Bravo ---> Out of contract

Mendy, Angelino, Stones, Otamendi, Sane (unfortunately) ---> Sold

New squad:

GK - Ederson, new backup (academy lad or one of our loanees)

RB - Walker, Cancelo as backup

CB - Laporte, new 1st choice CB, Garcia and THB as backups

LB - New 1st choice LB, Zinchenko as backup

DM - Rodri, Gundo as backup

CM - Kev, Bernardo, Foden, new CM

LW - New 1st choice LW, Sterling as backup

RW - Sterling, Mahrez as backup

Striker - Aguero, Jesus as backup

8 players moved out in the summer, freeing up a fuck ton of wages with some incoming transfer fees. Go all out on 5 new players - 4 world class players (CB, LB, CM, LW) and one cheap backup or academy lad (GK). Completely doable. Just look at our 16/17 and 17/18 summer transfer windows

Last edited:
For me Bravo, Otamendi, Mendy, Angelino, Fernandinho, Dave, Mahrez, Sane and Jesus.

Not all by choice but we need to gut this squad and bring 5/6 top quality new additions to freshen it up and give us a new direction and Pep new minds to get the message through to, because some players have stopped listening and learning and some simply can't execute it.

To only have Rodri, Cancelo, Angelino and Mahrez to show for 2 seasons spending is woeful, it has set us back 2 years and given the Dippers an open goal to become the top club.

Bravo, Otamendi and Gundogan would be a good start. Jury’s out on Mendy, Cancelo and Mahrez. There’s also Silva leaving in the summer and possibly Fernandinho unfortunately

I can only assume Pep was thinking longer term and knew as we all did that the league had gone. It all depends on whether he has the hunger to rebuild the side as he did before the 17-18 season. Only he can answer that question. If he does then he absolutely should stay, surely he's earned the right to?
Mancini earned the right, etc, they all are massively rewarded and yes Pep is great, but he comes unstuck too often. Never looks to have a plan B, it sure ain't bring off KDB and bringing on Gundogan. Did Gundogan even tackle or make a contribution at all?

New squad:

GK - Bravo, new backup (academy lad or one of our loanees)

8 players moved out in the summer, freeing up a fuck ton of wages with some incoming transfer fees. Go all out on 5 new players - 4 world class players (CB, LB, CM, LW) and one cheap backup or academy lad (GK). Completely doable. Just look at our 16/17 and 17/18 summer transfer windows

I assume you meant keep Ederson?

I agree with you in the most part but think we would have trouble shifting Mendy on.

New squad:

GK - Bravo, new backup (academy lad or one of our loanees)

Spot on but add gundogan to that list of sellings

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.