Who’s gone in the summer?

I hope Fernandinho stays as backup to Rodri.

My priority in midfield would be to find a backup to Bernardo. We've stumbled upon how his style fits perfectly in our 3 man midfield. Someone who can run all day and is a terrier with and without the ball.

More reason imo to lose players elsewhere and the most sellable option is Sterling plus its only up front that we have the cover to take a gamble.

(I'd prefer Mahrez to go but will a club go for him?)
Sterling is younger and English and fit enough to play every game
I can’t see any scenario where he goes before Mahrez
I understand it’s all opinion based
Sterling is struggling a little and isn’t as good as last year
But he scored circa 28 goals and a couple of years ago won us the league almost single handily
Perhaps 5he people writing off Raheem should visit the Stones thread
Sterling hasn’t sunk anywhere near his level
He will be back and firing soon

There is a good possibility that Aguero and Dinho could be gone this Summer,and Garcia is gone but does anyone envisage any other notable names leaving the club ?

First team squad members who may go in my opinion

Angelino 15 to 20m
Mendy 20 -25m
Sandler 10-15m
Patrick Roberts 3-4m

Outside chance of going

Mahrez 35-40m
Jesus 50-60m

Outside outside chance of going

Laporte 65 - 70m I only mentioned him as it has been mentioned that he might not be happy not being first choice.
Jesus is going nowhere, don't be silly.

First team players....

Mendy probably on loan with an obligation to buy if he plays x% of games.

Kun/Fern possibly not given new contracts. I guess Kun needs to perform these last 12 Prem & cup games. Fern may get a deal as he moves towards coaching as an almost none playing squad member.

Mahrez, if we get a decent offer will be off.

But all that really depends on squad numbers and who we bring in.

Alaba could potentially replace 3 players which would give us lots of options to strengthen elsewhere. He can play midfield, left back, and CB. So if he came Laporte could be sold, Mendy loaned/sold and Fern given a coaching role. We could go even further and sell Zinch and buy an attacking left back.

1 of the strikers will leave if we bring someone in, reckon Jesus may want a move if Aguero signs a new deal and we get a top striker in

Ideally Mahrez and Mendy out

But he scored circa 28 goals and a couple of years ago won us the league almost single handily
Hope so. I'd prefer Mahrez to go.

My preferences to keep from the front 3 would be rated like this...
1. Foden
2. Torres
3. Jesus
4. Sterling
5. Aguero
6. Mahrez

I hate putting Aguero so low but I'm afraid that he'll not return to his best.

Mendy - I love the guy but he's the most obvious one that should go. I doubt there would be any takers though. We might loan him out with us paying a huge chunk of his salary.

Mahrez - There will be a decent number of interested clubs, but if we're not bringing anyone in, I see no need to move him unless we're bringing in 2 players that have better quality. We do have an open non-HG spot after all.

Aguero - It will really depend on how he bounces back from his latest injuries and COVID. But if we can land Haaland, then maybe it's best we finally say goodbye to a legend.

Fernandinho - Not a lot will probably agree with me on this but I want to keep him at least for another year. There are really not that many DMs out there that are going to do a better job than him. Besides, Rodri is the main DM now, with Gundo able to do the job and we still have Doyle on stand-by.

Jesus - I'm a firm believer that he's just a few notches of confidence away from truly blowing up. No reason to sell him unless he's the one to demand it.

Laporte - Not if we're not getting Dias money back at least.

Agree that Raheem is going nowhere but...

a couple of years ago won us the league almost single handily

...is stretching the truth more than a little.

There is a good possibility that Aguero and Dinho could be gone this Summer,and Garcia is gone but does anyone envisage any other notable names leaving the club ?

First team squad members who may go in my opinion

Angelino 15 to 20m
Mendy 20 -25m
Sandler 10-15m
Patrick Roberts 3-4m

Outside chance of going

Mahrez 35-40m
Jesus 50-60m

Outside outside chance of going

Laporte 65 - 70m I only mentioned him as it has been mentioned that he might not be happy not being first choice.
Sandler 10-15m - not sure what you are basing that on? Is he still injured - does not seem to be on loan anywhere and has not been in any squad this season that I can recall.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.