Who are the fittest sportsmen?

Tennis players must be up there. In a tournament they can play 2 or 3 hours solid with no team mates to help out and nowhere to hide. And also they play a number of days on the run. It looks much more demanding than, say, football.

Top level cycling is arguably even more punishing despite, unfortunately, being tainted by drugs.

My kids swam at a high level so I've seen how much fitness training swimmers do, but from that I became very aware of what other sports people must have to do to even qualify for an Olympic games

Gymnasts have incredible physiques, but their sport is all about a moment or a maximum of two minute performance (I could have been an Olympic shagger ;-) )

But from what I can only imagine the training regime to be and the physical punishment they have to take, boxers must be the fittest overall athletes

Always thought American football players are at or close to the pinnacle of fitness but I'm old enough to remember the days of Marvin Hagler, Sugar Ray Leonard, Thomas Hearns and Roberto Duran. It's hard to imagine anyone being fitter than them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.