Who are the scouts ?

Try blaming those doing the negotiating would be my thinking. Although the moment we come in for a player the value will automatically be higher regardless of the asking price.

I could see us getting Bojan jr in from Barca who's on loan at Roma and looks a very good prospect and should be available to loan as Barca have a buy back option on him. You'd think scouting his son wouldn't be difficult.

As for others, I know what you mean about players seemingly going under the radar and being uncovered as gems but believe me, all the managers know of these players and I'd think there are many gentlemans agreements.

Not one player that has been transferred in the last few years wouldnt have been looked at by our scouts. It is when it gets to Marwood that the decisions are made.

Now we have Tixki in charge there will be more youth players brought in and also players like Michu. Marwood missed out on a lot of players, its no surprise Mancini slated him publicly.

CTID101 said:
Not one player that has been transferred in the last few years wouldnt have been looked at by our scouts. It is when it gets to Marwood that the decisions are made.

Now we have Tixki in charge there will be more youth players brought in and also players like Michu. Marwood missed out on a lot of players, its no surprise Mancini slated him publicly.

So will the axe fall on Bobby in the summer? Do our owners think the same way? I personally will be amazed if Bobby is still here...yet Marwood will be, seems a touch unfair to me.

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
CTID101 said:

So will the axe fall on Bobby in the summer? Do our owners think the same way? I personally will be amazed if Bobby is still here...yet Marwood will be, seems a touch unfair to me.
Yeh, Mancini didn't get the players he wanted. But it was like he was playing FM! We can't keep buying all these top players. We need to find more Nastasic's, more Kompany's and more Zaba's. Unknown players who will put in 100% for us. Mancini quiet frankly doesn't look like he knows how to get 100 % out of our squad. He hasn't adapted tactically even though teams have been doing the same bus parking for a year now!

Incidentally, Hughes targeted Sissoko when he was at City. If you look at the industry of Swansea, S'ton etc it's not all about superstars, give me a team full of players like Vinny and Zab any day of the week. Could always poach Mr Carr to come back, he's an eye for a player.

they were started by baden powell, excellent organisation for young people...here read more

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scouting" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scouting</a>

blimp reeny said:
What if it's not the scouts who are at fault. Maybe the scouts are coming up with great suggestions, but the man at the top is only interested in marquee signings.

And what happens when these marquee signings don't fancy joining city?

You end up scrambling around on deadline day for whatever's left on the shelf.

What they should do is this. Ask these targets if they fancy it. If they can't commit well before deadline day, then move on. These deals should be sorted out in June, not the last day in August.

I live in hope of a decent signing on Jan 1st and said signing banging in ten goals during the month!

It's not just our scouts. Even the ambition of the transfers now. Didn't get Hazard, didn't get RVP, in for Cavani but the papers say we might be looking at Benteke as a cheaper alternative. I'd love Falcao but I don't think we have a chance in hell of signing him. Basically we can't get the top players at this moment in time, so you have to wonder...

If we wanted Hazard we would have got him. We didn't want to pay over 6m in agents fees. We couldn't sell Dzeko or Tevez so buying RvP is out of the question and as for Cavani etc don't believe a word what the papers are saying. If we want Cavani or Falcao we can get it done like when we bought Aguero etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.