Who as been the biggest let down at City?

johnny on the spot said:
Corky said:

Seconded. This signing resulted in a shit-storm between Keegan and Bernstein off the pitch and little more than a wet fart on the pitch.

Fowler was all right. When he first came he had fitness issues, combined with his career just starting to decline, therefore, in his first season he struggled. But in the second half of 03/04 he started to score a few goals and after Anelka left he was our top scorer in 04/05, his goals very nearly got us into Europe (just a shame he couldn't have got that one more from the spot!).
The season after once again he struggled with injury, he came back, scored a hattrick against Scunthorpe, scored one against United the week after, then went back to Liverpool a couple of weeks later. He wasn't that bad while he was here, his performances and success was just limited by fitness problems. He played a role during his time here.

I suppose my truck's with Keegan rather than Fowler. Bernstein knew Robbie had serious fitness issues and was understandably loathe to lump what then amounted to serious cash on him. Keegan gets his way, Bernstein walks and Fowler's either injured or indifferent. At least £3-4m plus our chairman for 20 goals in three years was a bit poor. At least Leeds helped out with his wages.

Buster Phillips (first £10 million player my arse)
lee Badbuy
Steve Daley
Alfons groenendijk
barry silkman

and loads of others

LoveCity said:
For me, it has to be Kolarov. "The Serbian Roberto Carlos" and has looked like a League One player at times.

Roberto Carlos has always been an overrated player as he was infamous in England for just one free kick.

Left back has been a problem at City for years. It doesn't seem right to put Zabaleta or Lescott there when a real left back should be signed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.