Who as been the biggest let down at City?

Maldini said:
Jo - cant believe there is any debate. total dog shit!

Hard to disagree that he was a letdown but i wouldn't call him dog shit thats for the Rooney's and Keane's of this world.

I guess it depends on how each person measures what a "let down" is...

If you look at price tag and reputation, we have had a fair few that let us down whether it was 35mil or a 10mil buy, one of the top of my head is RSC due to (as i remember) him not being injured much at blackburn and he came to us a crock and when fit never showed the class we know is in his locker. Robinho is a close second.

If you look at promise wasted then it has to be Stevie Ireland (it brings me sod all pleasure in saying that).

I hope Michael Johnson comes back strong and he doesn't end up another owen. I think he has the skills and mentality to be a legend.

Tarnats left peg said:
ardwickboy said:
I would say Robinho, he came to City with a good pedigree and we had high hopes, then when it got to the winter months he seem to dissappear and he was never the same again. Was it the players around him or did he feel to good to be in that City team?
His first half of the season was great to watch and then for about 4 months he's had certain accusations hanging over his head, once he was cleared his form improved. Second season injurys and such put an end to his time with us. Robinho at city now would flourish as would elano.

If the f**kwit that was Hughes knew anything about big name management then he would have sorted these two out. As it is we are looking for a creative midfielder when we already had on of the best. Elano and Silva together just heaven.

Opps sorry most disappointing Bradbury going back but since the money Bojinov - understand the injuries but did not give anything back after waiting for him.

whp.blue said:
Mark Hughes by a country mile wasted 2 seasons!

in a job that was clearly way too big for his limited capabilities

He did sign NDJ,Vinnie and Zabaleta for us though.For me the biggest let down has to be SWP,love this little fella,but he's gone so far back i's sad to see him struggling to beat full backs now,especially when you think of how he used to go past people with ease.I all looked so good when he came back the second ime and made his debut against Sunderland.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.