Who can replace Leroy Sane?

If we want to replace his calmness and looks (especially that Glorious Afro) then:
Calvin Stengs Is the guy. He plays with the same smoothness as Sane. But a better passer, better vision and less of an attitude. But he simply doesn't have Sane's speed, and he'd probably end up in the middle eventually as he's got fantastic vision.

If it's the speed and athletism that we want to replace:

Then Mousa Diaby: He has the speed, blows by defenders with ease, more hardworking and more aggressive. But doesn't have the height or box calmness. He is for the lack of a better comparison, a Sadio Mane clone. It won't surprise me if Mane is his idol. He does a lot of things so similarly that I'd be surprised if he didn't model his style on Mane.

Now if we want a bit of both, but less refined, then Ismailla Sarr- Raw, tall, athletic, fast and best of all, he puts a fear in all things Liverpool.

My Choice?
Diaby
Stengs
Sarr
In that order

Last edited:
If we want to replace his calmness and looks (especially that Glorious Afro) then:
Calvin Stengs I'd the guy. He plays with the same smoothness as Sane. But a better passer,better vision and less of an attitude. But he simply doesn't have Danes speed, and he'd probably end up on the middle so

If it's the speed and athletism that we want to replace: Then

Then Mousa Diaby: He has the speed, blows by defenders with ease, more hardworking and more aggressive. But doesn't have the height or box calmness. He is for the lack of a better comparison, a Sadio Mane clone. It won't surprise me if Mane is his idol. He does a lot of things so similarly that I'd be surprised if he didn't model his style on Mane.

Now if we want a bit of both, but less refined, then Ismailla Sarr- Raw, tall, athletic, fast and best of all, he puts a fear in all things Liverpool.

My Choice?
Diaby
Stengs
Start
In that order

Good eye. Agree with both. Diaby is also the reason Leon Bailey has been on the bench a lot more this season.

Like you said, with Stengs, you get that composure and the afro of course. However, if you want raw pace and unpredictability, then Diaby. Can you coach composure into Diaby’s game? No clue.

I see Braaf’s name in a lot of comment sections and such online. I’m not as close to youth football as in the past due to moving away from Manchester.

Is he Sane/Adama/Walker quick?
What’s his attitude like?
Does he track back?
Is it just his physicality that’s letting him shine at youth level?
Will that advantage remain when he steps up?
What’s his reaction to training?
Team player/Soloist with bags of confidence?

I ask these questions as I see his name a lot. Cries for him to be on the bench as well. I know we all like a young lad coming through the ranks. However, is he at Sancho’s u17 level? Would City regret it if he left like Sancho did because of the lack of promises for first team football at 17?

I wrote this little essay as I remember the similar enthusiasm towards Matondo (blistering pace as well), and Brandon Barker (I wish he made it here). Is he worth the hype or are we just enthusiastically hopeful for a ‘Sancho’?

Is he Sane/Adama/Walker quick?
What’s his attitude like?
Does he track back?
Is it just his physicality that’s letting him shine at youth level?
Will that advantage remain when he steps up?
What’s his reaction to training?
Team player/Soloist with bags of confidence?
Pure more technical Sterling.

Like a young Sancho with a little less talent. It depends on how he develops. He could become Sancho 2.0 or a run of the mill dribbling winger.

Time will tell

Thanks for the clips. I’ve seen a few of them before. Can’t deny there’s talent there.

I just keep asking myself, is his athletic advantage going to remain when he steps up? Like @Dax777 said, he may be Sancho 2.0 or a run of the mill dribbling winger. Would love for another mesmerising talent to come out of the academy.

Perhaps Kompany can recommend Doku from his squad. Powerful looking teenager who's already bullying grown-ups.
Thanks for the clips. I’ve seen a few of them before. Can’t deny there’s talent there.

I just keep asking myself, is his athletic advantage going to remain when he steps up? Like @Dax777 said, he may be Sancho 2.0 or a run of the mill dribbling winger. Would love for another mesmerising talent to come out of the academy.

Yes. Because He relies on his Technical ability on ball instead of his physicality (Kick & Run)

But once he has open spaces, He can be truly devastating by combining both extremely well.

Not excited by this one nothing special I don’t think..

Perhaps Kompany can recommend Doku from his squad. Powerful looking teenager who's already bullying grown-ups.

I’ve seen a few games of his. You’re right about the bullying, haha. Also uses his left as well. Tricky sort of winger and can hold up the ball. There are very good wingers out there. However, I think people want another mercurial type of talent; understandable.

We saw that in Sané. Either the club go for a pacey/athletic type or graceful/technical (not so pacey) type. Regardless, having a typical LW/RW worked a treat for City with Sane on the left and Raz on the right.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.