Who can replace Leroy Sane?

Does it ? Perhaps not everybody agrees with your assessment ?

City may have looked but decided he wasn't what we wanted.
Actually quite a lot of people do not agree to my assessment, last year loads of names of players were quoted who could play at left wing when i said we needed a left winger, and i have no doubt that all 3 of our right wingers can play there, but i am a believer right or wrong that the first team player should play in his natural position and the b team player should be versatile

Hopefully Torres but if not we are more than capable of finding the next Sane. Sancho would be ideal. We should act like Barca and take our young players back. Start tapping him up now. Maybe we can one day aspire to be a **** sorry cule:)

I don't think we were ever looking to replace Sane in the way that many would want. Rightly or wrongly (wrongly IMO), we are predominantly going to be using inverted wingers. Sterling will play on the left. A left footer such as Mahrez, Bernardo or Foden will play on the right (funnily enough I don't really remember Sane getting much of a chance on the right to see if he could play as an inverted winger).

In the same way, I really don't believe we want to replace Fernandinho with a similar style player. Like it or not, Rodri is the man who will replace him (or someone of a similar style if Rodri can't do what Guardiola wants).

I'd love us to get similar players to Sane and Fernandinho and go back to a LW on the left and a RW on the right with inverted FBs and a Fernandinho style CM but that isn't going to happen.

Leroy was a special profile of player, that's never going to be easy to replace like for like. Ferran is a very good player with a big upside but he's not at that level and he has nowhere near the acceleration that the German does/did

It's a problem, no question - especially since I think Sterling is much better on the right which makes Mahrez a bit of a luxury player. Moreover, it's a problem that is not going to be easily remedied in the near term

Sancho or Sane probably represented great options for Pep that will be hard to recover from IMHO. The versatility of Sterling helps but unless Torres really makes a leap from good to great it will continue to be begging for a world class player with immediate impact

What about Braaf ? or is he off to Dortmund & up for sale at 100 big ones 18 months later

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.