Who can't afford to go anymore?

m7mcfc

Due to only being on a pension, not working or new additions to the household.

I feel for the pensioners who can only listen to GMR and watch MOTD. Not calling GMR but it cant be the same for them old fellas who went every week and those days have now passed them bye.

m7mcfc said:

I feel for the pensioners who can only listen to GMR and watch MOTD. Not calling GMR but it cant be the same for them old fellas who went every week and those days have now passed them bye.
Jib

This is why we need to massively expand the stadium so the prices can stay relatively modest and folk like this can afford to go. Big capacity n lower prices is the way to go.

I couldn't afford to renew my seasoncard. If I can afford to go on a game–by–game basis remains to be seen. Might have to start watching Bury. :/

If we expanded the stadium we could offer more Value Gold packages which surely are affordable for 9 out of 10 people?

Alwaysbeablue said:
This is why we need to massively expand the stadium so the prices can stay relatively modest and folk like this can afford to go. Big capacity n lower prices is the way to go.
Often thought about this. How about an OAP section when / if we expand where the club / fans subsidise the older generation of blues who cannot afford to go anymore. I would be willing to pay a little more for my season ticket for this. We look after kids which is understandable and we look after the well off with corporate, even as the regular fan we dont do bad in comparison to other clubs but what do we do for the elderly.
I cannot imagine that in years to come i might not be able to watch the blues due to cost / old age. It would break my heart. The old folk of this country are treated like shite as it is, being deprived of watching City would be the final nail for me. These elder fans deserve to experience this great time more than than most.
Reading the 1968 championship post, i wonder how many of the fans who were at St James' that day have to be content with MOTD nowadays? sad to think.

Am i just a soft arse?

joe salford said:
Alwaysbeablue said:
Often thought about this. How about an OAP section when / if we expand where the club / fans subsidise the older generation of blues who cannot afford to go anymore. I would be willing to pay a little more for my season ticket for this. We look after kids which is understandable and we look after the well off with corporate, even as the regular fan we dont do bad in comparison to other clubs but what do we do for the elderly.
I cannot imagine that in years to come i might not be able to watch the blues due to cost / old age. It would break my heart. The old folk of this country are treated like shite as it is, being deprived of watching City would be the final nail for me. These elder fans deserve to experience this great time more than than most.
Reading the 1968 championship post, i wonder how many of the fans who were at St James' that day have to be content with MOTD nowadays? sad to think.

Good shout that man !

Am i just a soft arse?

m7mcfc said:

At £14 a game for pensioners it's cheaper (allowing for inflation) than it was in the 60's

joe salford said:
Alwaysbeablue said:

Am i just a soft arse?

Some pensioners have more disposable income than many posters on here do.
There are some hard working couples who can't afford a season ticket between them.

Sadly it isn't so black and white that workers can afford it and pensioners can't.

Sorry but at £11.32 per premier league game for a person of pensionable age it is society and not our club that needs a major overhaul if people cannot afford that luxury. Unfortunately I firmly believe this to be the case, City would virtually have to give pensioners free tickets if they were to cut back any further.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.