Who can't afford to go anymore?

bluewigmcfc said:
Been a season ticket holder since standing in kippax at 16 , now divorce means qpr game was my last game . What a last game , will feel like a rag watching the lads on sky

Why does divorce mean it's your last game?

Let me get this right... You have seen your last City match, is that right?

There isn't just one single factor that comes into play with regards to the cost.

I have had to make cutbacks elsewhere to be able to afford my SC, however I do come across people who say they cannot afford to go to a match yet will easily spend £50+ on booze whilst watching the game in a pub, add to this the takeaway and taxi.

So if they can afford this lifestyle, they are just choosing to not attend the match.

My cutbacks have been anything from scrapping the gym membership to eating basics rather than expensive meals out.

The most frustrating thing I find however is the total cost to me for watching city in the season totals to around £2000 - How many fans could Adebayors wages cover in just a week?
You may pay out a lot more for watching city, but this isn't the point I'm making.

I'm watching the club I love, yes that's great, but every single player in that starting 11 earns more in a few hours than I would in the whole year.

This is where I start to question my justification, or even my support of these players.

I'm not making a choice such as what car to buy or whether we should get that new conservatory installed... My choices are: is it a nice lavish meal tonight or a tin of sardines and rice?
And the more my money goes into City - the more Sardines and Rice I eat.

You will reject this right now as many of you love the whole big name superstar player, the type of person who will just watch a film because it has an A-lister in it.... But I call for the day when wage capping is introduced across all Fifa leagues, transfer fees abolished and agents fucked off....

With the amount of money City would be saving from say Adebayors wages per week, also the £Millions saved from the transfer fee - They could and SHOULD bring these savings down to the fans where we could go and watch City, regardless of your current salary.

Overpaid footballers and agents with greedy twat businessmen.... All laughing at your loyalty to your club.

Right now, if you lose your job that's it - You are no longer a match going blue, you are even mocked by some supposed blues labelling you as a Rag for watching the game on a internet stream.

The club don't want to know you - they don't like that empty wallet supporter.

Why Always Ste said:
There isn't just one single factor that comes into play with regards to the cost.

I have had to make cutbacks elsewhere to be able to afford my SC, however I do come across people who say they cannot afford to go to a match yet will easily spend £50+ on booze whilst watching the game in a pub, add to this the takeaway and taxi.

So if they can afford this lifestyle, they are just choosing to not attend the match.

My cutbacks have been anything from scrapping the gym membership to eating basics rather than expensive meals out.

The most frustrating thing I find however is the total cost to me for watching city in the season totals to around £2000 - How many fans could Adebayors wages cover in just a week?
You may pay out a lot more for watching city, but this isn't the point I'm making.

I'm watching the club I love, yes that's great, but every single player in that starting 11 earns more in a few hours than I would in the whole year.

This is where I start to question my justification, or even my support of these players.

I'm not making a choice such as what car to buy or whether we should get that new conservatory installed... My choices are: is it a nice lavish meal tonight or a tin of sardines and rice?
And the more my money goes into City - the more Sardines and Rice I eat.

You will reject this right now as many of you love the whole big name superstar player, the type of person who will just watch a film because it has an A-lister in it.... But I call for the day when wage capping is introduced across all Fifa leagues, transfer fees abolished and agents fucked off....

With the amount of money City would be saving from say Adebayors wages per week, also the £Millions saved from the transfer fee - They could and SHOULD bring these savings down to the fans where we could go and watch City, regardless of your current salary.

Overpaid footballers and agents with greedy twat businessmen.... All laughing at your loyalty to your club.

Right now, if you lose your job that's it - You are no longer a match going blue, you are even mocked by some supposed blues labelling you as a Rag for watching the game on a internet stream.

The club don't want to know you - they don't like that empty wallet supporter.

This is a very good assessment. The real, true stakeholders of the game - the fans - are being priced out, and it will have very dire consequences for the game.

People having to go on their own tends to put some off. My Seasoncard is one on its own as I bought new 2 seasons ago and am at loggerheads with my 117 mate. He won't move up one tier and I won't move down! I know a few who stopped going because their mate did. All I've done is strike up a conversation to the Guy next to me and also the one next to him. Two good Fellas. It's hardly as if we won't have anything to talk about...

Im a season ticket holder, but moving to Essex for work in a few weeks and so the cost of travel will be limit the number of games I will attend. I hoped to join the local supporters club as the cost on a coach, rather than independent travel, would have helped significantly, however the supporters club does not run a coach to games.

More travel costs than ticket prices which will prevent my attendance. Just glad I managed to attend every home match last year and last at the beginning of this incredible journey.

The pensioners are watching the game in a pub or at home, but nice cosy picture painted of them all sat round the transistor radio tuning into Cheesey!<br /><br />-- Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:41 pm --<br /><br />
Impeccable said:
bluewigmcfc said:
Been a season ticket holder since standing in kippax at 16 , now divorce means qpr game was my last game . What a last game , will feel like a rag watching the lads on sky

Why does divorce mean it's your last game?

Let me get this right... You have seen your last City match, is that right?

Having been divorced myself, I can fully relate to that comment made. If his partner isn't taking him for a ride, the CSA will.

I had to stop going because I had to leave uni and work to become a full time carer for my nan. Carers allowance isn't that much, but i decided to put my life on hold to care for the person I loved. she passed away in April and now I am working again, only part time, but its better than nothing, so hopefully I will be able to get to some games this season with my son. Really missed going over the last two years.

m7mcfc said:
Due to only being on a pension, not working or new additions to the household.

I feel for the pensioners who can only listen to GMR and watch MOTD. Not calling GMR but it cant be the same for them old fellas (dont forget the old women!) who went every week and those days have now passed them bye.

Over the last few months particularly about the time of the derby loads of posters were arguing both sides of why tickets should be face value and why fans should cash in

reading the posts on here is a great reminder as to why face value or less is best

made me think thanks

My old man is a pensioner, and luckily cost isn't a problem to him, he can afford it. Sadly, at 82 his health isn't what it was and simply cannot go to the games anymore......it just knackers him for the next week.

He has been watching the Blues since he was a lad, and for him to have missed out on seeing all that has happened the last two or three seasons has gutted him, and me.

So for 'pensioners' it's not always down to cost alone.....

franksinatra said:
Im a season ticket holder, but moving to Essex for work in a few weeks and so the cost of travel will be limit the number of games I will attend. I hoped to join the local supporters club as the cost on a coach, rather than independent travel, would have helped significantly, however the supporters club does not run a coach to games.

More travel costs than ticket prices which will prevent my attendance. Just glad I managed to attend every home match last year and last at the beginning of this incredible journey.

There's people in Essex who are members of the London Branch. Average train fare from Euston is £40 and we have good numbers travelling. Drop me a PM if you want contact details.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.