Who can't speak English in our squad?

Maicon and Nastasic both can't. Thats all through, the rest speak it fine when they want to.

Tevez's English is actually very good, see the interview with Geoff Shreeves at the start of the season. Aguero's English focusses around the organisation and playing of Golf.

Tevez did a full interview in English before a game at the end of last season… I think they all should try to speak to city tv in English

mcfcinprague said:
It was interesting to see Mancini talking at length to Aguero after he had been substituted in the Villa game. I was wondering which language he/they would be using

I think he speaks italian including some spanish words. Remember that half of his squad at Inter spoke spanish.
However, when City won the league I watched an interview in spanish, and Mancini answered in italian 100%

MCRJON said:
Tevez's English is actually very good, see the interview with Geoff Shreeves at the start of the season. Aguero's English focusses around the organisation and playing of Golf.

Please. If you happen to meet Kun in a restaurant or the streets of Manchester, teach him how to say: "I want my old shoes back"

fablue said:
mcfcinprague said:
It was interesting to see Mancini talking at length to Aguero after he had been substituted in the Villa game. I was wondering which language he/they would be using

I think he speaks italian including some spanish words. Remember that half of his squad at Inter spoke spanish.
However, when City won the league I watched an interview in spanish, and Mancini answered in italian 100%

Sorry, I can not write well in English. I'm from the Canary Islands.

True, Spanish, Italian and Portuguese, can be understood speaking their own language, provided they also speak out.

David Silva, understand English, you can even talk.

The problem is that David Silva is in the Canary Islands, the people living in the Canary Islands have a very different accent. You are used to hear people in Madrid speak English, is very different to hear a canary speak English.

Canarian people like David Silva, do not pronounce the "S" as it should, or differentiate the "Z" or the "C". So David Silva may be embarrassed to talk in English.

I hope you understand me.

Greetings from Arguineguin

Barry said Garcia speaks English well (maybe in comparison to the other Spanish speakers) and there is video of him chatting with backroom staff.
Tevez, Aguero and Silva speak some but are a bit self-conscious.

Kompany, Zaba, (Viera), Yaya, Dzeko are quite adept at languages. But Gelson was king.

AdamManCity said:
Just wondering which players in our squad still can't speak the language. Off the top of my head I have never heard an english interview with either Garcia, Silva, Aguero, Nastasic or Maicon but surely by now silva can speak the language and i'm assuming that nastasic can too being from serbia? Hoping someone on the forum will have either met one of these players recently or knows someone who works close to the players and can shed the light

I know someone who works at Carrington, and I asked him recently if Tevez could speak English.

'Of course he can. They can all speak English' was his response.

A lot of them can speak english but they're just too embarrassed to do it on camera.
Which isn't too surprising, I took german at school but I assume to actual germans I'd sound like a drowning rat, definitely wouldnt do in front of the whole country.

20sbc07 said:
A lot of them can speak english but they're just too embarrassed to do it on camera. Which isn't too surprising, I took german at school but I assume to actual germans I'd sound like a drowning rat, definitely wouldnt do in front of the whole country.

tevez enlish is not that bad, but I wonder if he was paid for that interview on sky sports,or the club forced him to do it, its part of his contract.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.