Who could replace Yaya

Dipsis_LTU_MC said:
3-4 years and Barkley will be world class. If we don't buy him this summer or next year, someone else will buy him.

Our Academy is the way forward and there is no guarantee that could happen.

Daz_Blue said:
We would get blown out of the water for Barklay....dont forget we have 49m this year and next ....thats it

Chelsea and United are the only clubs domestically who could but him. I doubt that Mourinho will spend that kind of money on an unproven 21 year old and United even if they do have the mythical 200 million need established starters not 40 million squad player. I think he is safe for this year, though IMO we should sign him next season and loan him back for 1 more year.

We don't need to replace him.
Hopefully he won't leave and we will bring in Fernando for extra cover to allow Yaya that freedom that he has been given when we bring Garcia on, towards the end of the 90, this last season.
However if he is to leave bring in two players that do his job better eg. Fernando defends better, Fabregas: although he may not have that drive we often see from yaya he is overall where assists are concerned a better attacking midfielder.
With Yaya being 31 I really can't see him fetching that much money, especially with his high wages, probably 15-20 million, but with this + player sales + 49 million we are allowed to spend we should be able to afford both.
I hate to admit it but although we may lose a bit next year the sale of Toure would probably improves us in years too come.
I for one am truly on the fence regarding the whole situation, all them memorable game winning goals: FA cup final Stoke, Capital One cup final Sunderland, Derby at wembley etc have now been tarnished by a lack of respect for the club and if he is too go fair enough life goes on. But if he does stay (which I believe will be the outcome) I'm sure he will some how manage to win back our respect and maybe even track back

Davs 19 said:
Vidal but he's pretty much unbuyable. Can't think of anyone else but then again I've never heard of half the names people are talking about so knowledgeably on here.

Vidal is undoubtedly the best box to box midfielder in the world but as someone pointed out in another thread, Yaya is our Xavi in that he dictates our moves and the tempo at which we play. The box to box role and the runaway train is him just using his physicality: its a secondary role. I doubt Vidal could play the Yaya role in terms of creativity and passing.

Vidal tbh would actually represent an upgrade on fernandinho (take nothing away from Ferny).

In that respect, Fabregas is probably the person who comes closer to Yaya than Vidal

I've read good things about Kevin Strootman. No idea if he could replace Yaya, mind.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.