who do you consider an untouchable next season?

tolmie's hairdoo

If fit, my only opinion is both Given and Robinho.

Clearly subjective, but the players coming in this summer will not be coming in expecting to warm the bench and be a bit-part.

For example, Tevez has already shown it's all about playing every week.

That is why, although I consider the likes of Ireland, SWP good players (They are not truly GREAT players), and to a lesser extent Kompany and De Jong (better than what we've been used to) think we have to be prepared for our own personal favourites to be making way on regular occasions.

Sure, it's all about the squad game, these days, but buying superior quality than we have has it's inevitable consequences.

Interested to see who you consider an untouchable?

And we have to be realistic, Stephen Ireland never gets in ahead of a Kaka, Gerrard, Essien, players of that pedigree, as alien as that may sound at present.

I think we'll "rest" Robinho in away games against the likes of Stoke, Wigan, Blackburn and Bolton, and go to a more solid 442 formation.

The ever-present players are likely to be Given, Kompany, De Jong and Ireland.

No player at any club should ever be totally untouchable. If they start to think that they are then that leads to complacency and a down turn in performance.

no-one in our team is untouchable.. in fact i dont think there is a player in the world that carries that tag..

ColinBall said:
I think we'll "rest" Robinho in away games against the likes of Stoke, Wigan, Blackburn and Bolton, and go to a more solid 442 formation.

The ever-present players are likely to be Given, Kompany, De Jong and Ireland.

totally agree with you there mate bang on the money. away from home we need to be more solid in the midfield and if you have 3 in there with the ability to put the foot i.e wrighty, ireland, dejong and the exception of petrov like figure that then gives you the option of sticking 2 upfront.

OrigamiNinja said:
I dont consider Given untouchable at all, has his flaws exactly the same as Hart does.

Without any new keepers coming in i would say Given is currently pretty much untouchable. I still believe Joe Hart will be a quality keeper and hope he gets a loan spell to continue learning his trade, but for me, he is a long way behind Given right now.

But all in all, no one is completely untouchable. Put it like this, how many of our players would rags, Barca, Madrid etc be hoping to sign in the summer? Its a big fat 0 for me.

Ireland, Robinho, Given, and Kompany are, IMO, untouchable.

If you want to compare Ireland to players, compare him to Lampard, Scholes, Fabregas, et al. And frankly, I think if his form continues next season, or if he improves again, then he is easily in that league...

Just an opinion mind you...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.