Who do you dislike more, United or Liverpool?

This is a tough one that I have been debating with a lot of other blues recently.

I grew up hating United. I am in my mid 20s so when I was a kid Liverpool had already had their glory days and United were always winning while we were going through a bit of a rough patch with the relegations. Like most blues, I had to endure years of being taunted by the rags which made me hate them with a passion. I actually didn’t mind Liverpool too much at the time because I saw them as a challenger to United, and I pretty much wanted anyone but United to win. It was honestly torture watching them win.

However, maybe it’s down to United’s irrelevance and it’s just temporary but I now hate Liverpool a lot more than the rags after the past couple of seasons. I think the main turning point was last year’s Champions League semi finals. I lost all respect for them and their fans (not that I had a lot to begin with) when they attacked our coach and their cultish fans annoyed me to no end, especially after they knocked us out and they spent the next month and a half gloating. Bear in mind that this was a fully organised affair which Merseyside police were completely aware of but did nothing to stop. Furthermore no arrests were made afterwards despite the fact that there was plenty of video footage of people stacking our coach. As much as I hate United and their fans, I couldn’t see them going out of their way to bottle our team coach.

Remember that these are the same fans who defended a racist when he racially abused another player and somehow tried to turn themselves into the victims of the situation. Also the same fans who threw a flare at a disabled child against Chelsea and now pushed innocent people into fountains in Barcelona. These aren’t one-off incidents, they happen over and over again. I hate United but in fairness to them their fans don’t cause anywhere near as much trouble as the scousers do.

I also think that you can sort of have a logical discussion with a rag about football, whereas it’s impossible with most liverpool fans. Liverpool fans are way more cultish and deluded. They could finish 6th and still bang on about how they’ve got the best front three in history and how VVD is the best and they are just the victims of some conspiracy laa. I feel like most rags know that they are shit. Even things like the whole “special Europeans nights at anfield” and all that rubbish. They’re worse than the fans on that arsenal fan tv

Last edited:
I feel sorry for Utd for their continued fall from grace(not)!!

I feel sorry for Liverpool because of the amnesia that most of their fans have that eradicates any hint that they are anything but special. Heysel comes to mind as well as many other incidents. Just a nasty bunch of victims. I really cant wait for them to claim they were the 2nd best PL team ever cos they only lost 1 game in a season but still won fuc+ all

The second now takes the prize by a mile.

This is a tough one that I have been debating with a lot of other blues recently.

I grew up hating United. I am in my mid 20s so when I was a kid Liverpool had already had their glory days and United were always winning while we were going through a bit of a rough patch with the relegations. Like most blues, I had to endure years of being taunted by the rags which made me hate them with a passion. I actually didn’t mind Liverpool too much at the time because I saw them as a challenger to United, and I pretty much wanted anyone but United to win. It was honestly torture watching them win.

However, maybe it’s down to United’s irrelevance and it’s just temporary but I now hate Liverpool a lot more than the rags after the past couple of seasons. I think the main turning point was last year’s Champions League semi finals. I lost all respect for them and their fans (not that I had a lot to begin with) when they attacked our coach and their cultish fans annoyed me to no end, especially after they knocked us out and they spent the next month and a half gloating. Bear in mind that this was a fully organised affair which Merseyside police were completely aware of but did nothing to stop. Furthermore no arrests were made afterwards despite the fact that there was plenty of video footage of people stacking our coach. As much as I hate United and their fans, I couldn’t see them going out of their way to bottle our team coach.

Remember that these are the same fans who defended a racist when he racially abused another player and somehow tried to turn themselves into the victims of the situation. Also the same fans who threw a flare at a disabled child against Chelsea and now pushed innocent people into fountains in Barcelona. These aren’t one-off incidents, they happen over and over again. I hate United but in fairness to them their fans don’t cause anywhere near as much trouble as the scousers do.

I also think that you can sort of have a logical discussion with a rag about football, whereas it’s impossible with most liverpool fans. Liverpool fans are way more cultish and deluded. They could finish 6th and still bang on about how they’ve got the best front three in history and how VVD is the best and they are just the victims of some conspiracy laa. I feel like most rags know that they are shit. Even things like the whole “special Europeans nights at anfield” and all that rubbish. They’re worse than the fans on that arsenal fan tv
I am just turned 50 so I have seen the full cycle of LFC being dominant and Utd being dominant... And by far the worst was the LFC period. Whereas Utd just dominated football the whole Liverpool thing leached over into general life, scouse comedy, scouse drama, scouse presenters everywhere etc. Because scousers were winning things it just became cool to be from Liverpool and for the rest of the country to celebrate their culture..... and Ithen I watched them get so full of themseleves (Like Utd I suppose) that the cockyness became cockishness, ultimately resulting in Heysel (Where they still blamed foriegn fans!)

I am not one for labelling a whole group of people, there are always dickheads that behave stupid.... but tbh there seem to be more dickheads in their fanbase and they ruin things for their own club AND for everyone else.

I was actually glad when Utd started fucking over LFC, really glad. Soz for that to whoever thinks it is wrong... but you will see if LFC start winning things again, no turning back, Pep has to save this country!!!"!"

It’s almost impossible to look at it on an even playing field for us, it’s hard not to say Liverpool because they’re now relevant whereas United are about as relevant to us as Everton but even trying to look at it objectively I’d probably still say Liverpool, just. they’re just a different breed entirely.

I try to look at it from neutrals point of view, When United were winning things a good portion of the hatred towards them was jealousy, now that they’re insignificant the hatred is still there as they’re a horrible club inside and out but I don’t think it’s the same level as neutrals hatred for Liverpool who are still not yet winning things. jealousy can’t be an excused or that reason yet nobody in the country has anything but utter contempt for them. which to me shows how vile they truly are. They’re an embarrassment and a laughing stock and as much pain as united have caused me over my life I’d sooner they won the league for the next five years than Liverpool this season.

It used to be United because their fans were obnoxious as hell growing up. Weird coming from an Everton supporter, I know - had I grown up in Liverpool, I'd say them. But nowadays I hate both. Liverpool have surpassed United and their fans on social media are the worst. Even people I know who are actually oK outside football turn into arseholes where that team are concerned.

I grew up in Liverpool in the seventies and even I hate Liverpool supporters. Cult club with no humility and added media infestation make them intolerable. God help us all if they win anything it will be like the fkn second coming of Christ.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.