Who else is Wembleyed out?

Yes, but they can be linked. I know of quite a few City fans who went to Istanbul but aren't even close to paying it off yet. They couldn't afford it but stuck it on plastic because they couldn't live with the thought of missing out. The same applies here - to what extent are people with little disposable income willing to push the boat out for an FA Cup semi-final against Chelsea? Wembley fatigue does form part of the consideration when people are having to make difficult choices about how to spend money. Unlike a CL final, many won't push the boat out this time because they've been there, seen it and done it several times. Both things can form part of an overall consideration and aren't necessarily mutually exclusive.
Agree to a certain extent, but I'll stand by what I said. Can't afford it or can't be bothered aren't the same, but I respect both situations.

Seems like this thread should be called the "I can't be arsed going to Wembley for a semi final" thread.

Don't think anyone will be Wembleyed out if we make it to the FA cup or CL finals

That’s different as you well know. Which people, including me, have admitted. Finals should be held at Wembley, not semi-finals. Semi-finals are only being held at Wembley to make the FA more money. We’d still sell out our 34,000 ticket allocation if the semi-final match was held at Old Trafford.

I guess we all have different priorities in life.
Ive served my time supporting city, season ticket since 1985, used to be hone and away at one point and a euro aways , still got a season ticket and do odd aways but the days of me doing big and what are expensive trips are gone.
My priorities in life arent just City! We go away a lot as a family but more so im done with the faffing of places like wembley .

Does that make me less of a blue? I watched the european cup final in my local legion with the kids and it was a brilliant night , do i regret not going? A bit. But not a lot , not enough.

So as some on here are totally shocked and stunned that people are a bit wembleyd out, maybe city isnt our total lives, unlike some

That’s different as you well know. Which people, including me, have admitted. Finals should be held at Wembley, not semi-finals. Semi-finals are only being held at Wembley to make the FA more money. We’d still sell out our 34,000 ticket allocation if the semi-final match was held at Old Trafford.
I agree that FA Cup semi finals shouldn't be played at Wembley, but they are. They've been played at Wembley for nearly 20 years and City haven't played in a non-Wembley FA semi for over 40 years. I'd say if you can't be bothered going fine it's your choice but I'm guessing it won't be the same for the finals. If we get to them

I agree that FA Cup semi finals shouldn't be played at Wembley, but they are. They've been played at Wembley for nearly 20 years and City haven't played in a non-Wembley FA semi for over 40 years. I'd say if you can't be bothered going fine it's your choice but I'm guessing it won't be the same for the finals. If we get to them
That's basically it in a nutshell. I've been to all six prior semi-finals with fans permitted to attend, but took the decision this time that it's an expensive day out against a team I'm fairly neutral about at a stadium that no longer feels special. It is a competitive game that I want us to win, but it feels closer to the Community Shield than the FA Cup final in terms of how I feel about attending. I probably would have gone had we drawn Coventry (family) or United.

I'll be at both Wembley finals should we get there. I'm no longer precious about being at these things as some way of proving my credentials as a fan.

Yeah. You’d think the FA would have realised by now fans just want to sing as the team displays the trophy on the pitch. But no, the FA still keeps on pumping out shite like rocking all over the world by Status Quo, etc, thinking it’s what the fans want. Not to mention the Euro dance shite, as you say.

But that's a similar problem at the Etihad, and it intensely annoys me. People talk about the shit atmosphere, but I'm certain that a lot of people have simply been bludgeoned into not singing or talking (or shouting). Especially at half-time, I can't stand the stupid its-a-knockout type animations that they put on, with someone on the p.a. getting in your ear right through the fifteen minutes. Just let us think about what we've just seen and, hey, maybe chat to our neighbour in the row for a few minutes about it? Would that be impossible? Would that be terrifying?
I suspect the kids love it. They've been brought up on this junk food for the ears and eyes.

As Samuel Johnson famously said centuries ago.

'When a man is tired of Wembley, he is tired of life'

It's as true today as it was then.

I don’t think ‘can’t be bothered’ is the right way of looking at my decision not to go to semi-finals at Wembley. I thought long and hard before making that decision as few years back.

It does bother me to an extent that I’m not at the match to watch and to support City, like it does when I miss a match for whatever reason, but I‘m not prepared to line the pockets of the FA for a match that could be held outside of Wembley.

I accept only Old Trafford can accommodate our 34,000 ticket allocation, meaning a lot of City fans would miss out on a ticket if the match was held at Villa Park, say. I can’t and won’t argue against that valid point. So in that sense Wembley does serve a purpose for the semi-finals. Beyond that purpose I can’t see any other purpose bar making money for the FA.

A question I did ask that wasn’t answered. Where are the remaining 22,000 tickets going after City and Chelsea have taken their combined 68,000 ticket allocations. We’re talking about the FA Cup semi-final, not the FA Cup final. What are the FA doing with those 22,000 tickets that could go to City and Chelsea fans?

But that's a similar problem at the Etihad, and it intensely annoys me. People talk about the shit atmosphere, but I'm certain that a lot of people have simply been bludgeoned into not singing or talking (or shouting). Especially at half-time, I can't stand the stupid its-a-knockout type animations that they put on, with someone on the p.a. getting in your ear right through the fifteen minutes. Just let us think about what we've just seen and, hey, maybe chat to our neighbour in the row for a few minutes about it? Would that be impossible? Would that be terrifying?
I suspect the kids love it. They've been brought up on this junk food for the ears and eyes.
It is. You’re right. That’s why I mentioned the Etihad. But Wembley is worse. Much worse. OK, people will tell me to put up and shut up. It’s before and after the match. I should be there to watch the match, not to be bothered by the shite match day experience that surrounds the match. But to me it’s about the whole day, including before and after the match, inside Wembley. I’m sorry, but I really, really hate it. That applies to the final. Yes I can, do, and will put up with it for the final, which rightly is held at Wembley. But after the match is over, and I’ve seen the trophy lift, I’m off. I’m not prepared to listen to 2 Unlimited pumped out of the speakers whilst Wembley officials with security tags around their necks drag the players around the pitch with the trophy. To me that isn’t part of trophy celebration. Sorry.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.