Who else is Wembleyed out?

The problem with Wembley is the semi-finals are played there. In effect, it's lost its appeal as we normally play there more than we do at Anfield, Old Trafford and the Emirates! I really believe that Wembley should be for the England team and the FA and League Cup finals - no other football should be played there.

Getting to Wembley is a pain, it's expensive and takes a lot of time.

However, one day, we'll give our hind-teeth to have a day out there again so enjoy it whilst you can!

The problem with Wembley is the semi-finals are played there. In effect, it's lost its appeal as we normally play there more than we do at Anfield, Old Trafford and the Emirates! I really believe that Wembley should be for the England team and the FA and League Cup finals - no other football should be played there.

However, one day, we'll give our hind-teeth to have a day out there again so enjoy it whilst you can!
I think you’ve nailed there it there .

Yep, semi-finals being played at Wembley is one of the worst decisions the FA has made.

We missed Gundogans goal last year v them still outside , got to our seats about 15 mins in.
had to go by coach,normally the train,I will never ever go by coach again.
We got one of the club coaches for the final last year. Was fine on the way there, got there in plenty of time. Was a nightmare afterwards though, didn’t leave the car park until about 3 hours after the game. Never again. The lack of trains after the Chelsea game means I’m not sure if I’ll even go to this one, which is a shame.

Yep, semi-finals being played at Wembley is one of the worst decisions the FA has made.

To be fair to them I think you have to contextualise it. Those games were needed to make the stadium financially viable, so it’s a choice of Wembley semi-finals or no Wembley.

Sorted my Club Wembley tickets out today. Will be going to my usual pre-Wembley Italian In Westminster before the game. The semi is always a big day out for me if we get there, and give or take, marks the meaningful beginning of my favourite season, the spring.

I realise how lucky I am, on so many levels, to be able to do this, year in, year out.

I look at the rags I know, and how much they miss the joy of all this dominance, and with the certain knowledge that these things are fleeting genuinely wonder how anyone could possibly bore of it.

Those that have will almost certainly miss it when it all ends - which it surely will one day.

T4xcLh2_d.webp

Last edited:

Getting to Wembley is not a pain, there are dozens of ways to do it.

People go on as if it's an away match in Siberia, it's 170 miles away ffs

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.